The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Poo consistency

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bladerunner Posted - 30/11/2010 : 19:44:52
Ok, not exactly mealtime reading, but one of our royals had made a deposit today. Am i right in assuming that poo is an indication that things are on the right track? Anyway it was firm,dark brown and in two parts, does this sound ok?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 01/12/2010 : 14:05:28
That sounds fine - sounds more like a urate (urine) ball - what you might call 'the royal wee' ...

Oops, edit - just noticed your other question. The sexes are identical - it's impossible to tell by looking at the vent or spurs (the vestigial lizard legs either side the vent.)

A snake must be probed - that is, a small slender metal probe gently slipped into the vent to ascertain whether there are male or female organs in there (depends on how far the probe will go in.) Must be done by an expert, and I'm no expert; I've seen it done with corns but there are people on here who can give you much more info, or whoever sold you the snake can. When they are hatchlings they can be 'popped' ie, again by an expert, who gently squeezes the vent so that the sex organs extrude - a delicate business! But probing is more reliable.
Sabriyyah Posted - 01/12/2010 : 12:35:55
I just got my royal. she (how do you tell?) did a poo yesterday with lots of fluid. the poo was cylindrical, about 2 cm long, very pale in colour and solid but not dry. does this sound ok?
Royalbob Posted - 30/11/2010 : 23:13:40
sounds just like mine, my snakes that is.
n/a Posted - 30/11/2010 : 22:35:04
...And to be extra sure, just google 'You tube cat drops one in the bath' (sorry can't post links.)

But not while you're eating maltesers!!
Robert Posted - 30/11/2010 : 22:29:10
The small white bit may have been a urate ball everything sounds just fine :)
Bladerunner Posted - 30/11/2010 : 21:23:25
Good news then, yes it was like small cat turds, and the was a small white bit there to :-)
Thanks for the replies.
n/a Posted - 30/11/2010 : 21:00:11
LOL mods, I've got the giggles now, after reading altered definitions of cat DEPOSITS!

Okay, no more asterisks.

But why are we allowed to talk about such as the film 'Free Willy' but not mention the mystery author who writes about horse-racing, willy Francis???? EDIT - LOL you did it again!!

Sorry, being naughty now, but any 'minors' reading these pages will have learned all the anglo-saxon in the playground by the time they're eight?

Okay, okay, will abide by the rules, honest!
n/a Posted - 30/11/2010 : 20:46:49
LOL - I have loads (and loads and loads and loads!) of experience with cat gifts!

Yup, royal dump does look exactly like firm cat presents, with maybe a white urate ball or two and a tasteful accompaniment of copious clear moisture ... yummy!

Actually I prefer royal deposits to corns' - the time when Saffron climbed into my sleeve and did it is better forgotten about ... cat diarrohea ...

Oh boy and did it stink!!
reptiledanny Posted - 30/11/2010 : 20:35:08
yes, its a bit like a dog poo, but a bit firmer lol, like a cat poo i think ( dont know what a cat poo looks like lol) yours sounds fine
Blackecho Posted - 30/11/2010 : 20:35:01
Yes, sounds fine, looks like a cat has snuck in and left a present.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000