The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Will ratty get it tonight?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sandi Posted - 31/01/2011 : 22:25:53
After 5 weeks of fasting followed by a shed, flo has only eaten 1 mouse in the last 2 months so i just set the mood, low lights, large mouse for starters followed by a mouse flavoured rat.
Well, the mouse went down a treat, she nearly took my hand off! She missed my hand and the mouse and then took another gruelling 10mins to take it, meanwhile i sat, scared to move, numb bum in an odd position on the floor, convinced i would disturb her if i even blinked.

Now for the rat....she is torturing me! hovering as if to strike then recoiling, all the signs are there but then she seems to lose interest only to take up the task again. This is going to be a long night!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 01/02/2011 : 08:54:41
Ye the rat being bigger than the mouse could have put her off, best way to do it to have the rat slighlty smaller than the mouse so it is easiet to eat, which will give them the taste
sandi Posted - 01/02/2011 : 08:41:30
The rat was still there this morning and so was Flo, still looking like she was guarding it! I took it out and she came out to greet me, that made me feel a bit happier!

The rat was defrosted with the mouse and rubbed together a bit to transfer smell. It was bigger than the mouse though so maybe that put her off?

Will try again on friday or saturday but i think i will just give her 2 mice to make sure she eats enough as one mouse only weighs about 25 - 30g.

She was on rats befor her fasting period so hopefuly she will get back on to rats in the spring. Meanwhile i just want her to eat a good meal.
reptiledanny Posted - 01/02/2011 : 07:59:26
i hope she fed for you lol, and eventually took that rat
i ahve been there for 30 mins waiting for them lol
they know how to make you wait lol
Royalbob Posted - 31/01/2011 : 23:52:08
Hi sandy, did you defrost em together. was the rat the same size/ color of the mouse? All little tricks to fool em.
Lotabob Posted - 31/01/2011 : 23:20:22
Haha, Been there, straining my eyes in the dark accross the room for what seemed like hours. Best I saw was a nose poking out of the hide a yawn and then back into hiding.
sandi Posted - 31/01/2011 : 22:56:49
Tell me about it! I'm still sat here, in the dark! should be in bed but im now an insomniac as well as a lunatic, hubby has lost all hope!!!
Lotabob Posted - 31/01/2011 : 22:41:26
Haha, they know how to put us through it.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000