The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 bit of advice needed??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MontyBoa Posted - 31/03/2011 : 20:14:37
Hey, Me and my partner are due to go down to see my family for 2 weeks on monday, however Monty has gone blue and near shedding soon. I am slightly worried as he is due a feed on sat and I'm not sure if he'll take it as he is due to shed, My partners Dad is looking after him while we're gone but I was wondering if there were any tips anyone would offer so he doesnt panick (he is totaly new to the looking after snake thing) like if Monty doesnt strick, how soon after his shed should he try again sort of thing?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 18/04/2011 : 17:00:44
LOL - if you look in members' photos on the photo section - I think it's the last 3 or 4 pages - there is a guy called Grunt with the most amazing beard - put it this way, he has to tie it up with a ponytail band and says he can tuck it in his trousers.

Beard par excellence!
Kelfezond Posted - 18/04/2011 : 16:57:47
All I need is some pva glue and a pairr of scissors, scar will look aweeeesome!
MontyBoa Posted - 18/04/2011 : 16:24:19
oops sorry guys :O what have i started now Lol...
n/a Posted - 16/04/2011 : 20:14:14
Lampropeltis alterna kelfezondii!

Gruntii would get bogged down in the aspen and could only be kept on paper ...

Lotabob Posted - 16/04/2011 : 20:08:18
There needs to be a bearded king snake.
n/a Posted - 16/04/2011 : 19:59:16
LOL - I googled it!
sandi Posted - 16/04/2011 : 19:52:30
I actually believed there was a bearded king snake...no im disappointed!
MontyBoa Posted - 16/04/2011 : 08:27:12
Lol i love it when typo's make u look silly lol i meant banded kingsnake :P
n/a Posted - 15/04/2011 : 18:09:19
Oh well, Grunt's beard ... incredible! Tolkienesque I think might describe it.

Grunt's beard is a national monument!
Kelfezond Posted - 15/04/2011 : 17:52:39
I'm trying to replicate grunt's awesome one. He's my new god
n/a Posted - 15/04/2011 : 17:41:35
Aww, it's a cute beard! Nothing wrong with it!
Kelfezond Posted - 15/04/2011 : 17:36:14
Oi i've jusst read this. My beard is fabulous! Like a lions mane... A small sickly lion ... Going bald ... And ginger
n/a Posted - 15/04/2011 : 15:58:27
Cool - glad you had good hols and Monty was ok.

A bearded kingsnake?

Has it got a beard like Kelfezond's?

Sorry guys, couldn't resist ...
MontyBoa Posted - 15/04/2011 : 12:26:53
Bit of an update, Monty Shed and ate fine, nothing for me to worry about, went away for 2 weeks, got a new reptile :D a lovely sandfire bearded dragon and have a bearded kingsnake on the way so a good 2 weeks lol
MontyBoa Posted - 01/04/2011 : 09:17:54
i purposefully went for a dog water bowl, because when we had our corns, they loved curling up under it, as does Monty, he is looking very comfortable at the moment so i will be checking alot of the time and leave a to do list posted to his wee home so he knows what to do cheers for the advice!! :)
sandi Posted - 01/04/2011 : 09:01:53
Checking for a clean shed is important,adding a moss hide to raise humidity will help and could be done before you leave, also, why not get a heavier water bowl that cant be up-turned or spilt? exoterra ones are very heavy.
johnboy Posted - 31/03/2011 : 21:29:42
Hi dont worry to much about the feeding my grace wont touch food while in blue,get your father inlaw to check the shed is ok rather than feeding.Hope all goes well.
MontyBoa Posted - 31/03/2011 : 21:09:51
sounds like a good idea, he's got a tiny one but kept knocking all the water out he's a very clumsy snake last time he decided to fall in it (he's a bit of a climber) and freaked himself out! but i'll deff put a new one in for him tonight
n/a Posted - 31/03/2011 : 20:54:21
Think I overlapped with Margwar and Hodgie - Well, my first thought was, leave feeding him, but didn't quite like to say - and depends on how confident your partner's dad is of course - yes, I wouldn't worry about leaving off feeding, personally.

But about the water bowl - if Monty wants to hide under it - why not just give him a second one, and keep that changed - it'll up his humidity, good for shedding!
MontyBoa Posted - 31/03/2011 : 20:48:51
Here's hoping he doesnt upset Monty too much with the water change over, thats where he is hiding poor wee soul!! he certainly was giving me the evils today!! no wonder too I would if I were Him :) as for not giving the "future father inlaw" a complicated task, he would moan about that!! he's dreading when we move out and he wont have us to pester he's like a wee child with the " can i see him can i can i " :P

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000