The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 wen to feed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 20/05/2011 : 00:16:16
we moved zac yesterday , shall we feed him next wednesday to leave it a week ? ive noticed when our hand was near his hide his head came out and tongue flicked like mad a few times , he has never done this , could it mean hes ready to feed ?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 21/05/2011 : 13:03:45
Yeah a few more air holes will help with the condensation. Try taking some of the substrate out again and bake it for a little bit in the oven.

You'd be OK to put the stat up a little bit higher, aim so it doesn't go over 35 though and you'll be grand.
Laws Posted - 21/05/2011 : 12:42:40
yeah we are gona leave him till wedensday now :) we have noticed that although he doesnt come out of his hide fully , since being in his rub , with me on the sofa hes about an arms length away on a table , his head comes rite out alot , even with the lights on and tv etc . and we wake up to a trashed rub with the water bowl shuffled round etc . still wake up to condensation tho , so may try and put a few more holes in there . our mat stat give a 4.5 degree temp change , was clicking off at 32 then dropping to 27 , so ive up-ed it and it clicks off at 33.5 and on a 28.4 :/
Lotabob Posted - 20/05/2011 : 23:07:23
Yeah a week to settle sounds good
Strawb Posted - 20/05/2011 : 07:21:16
I'd let him wait until Wednesday if I were you. It'll do him no harm and a settling in period is always beneficial.
Laws Posted - 20/05/2011 : 01:06:42
lol , just not sure if it wait as he is just settling in . zac doesnt do much hunting , he is a typical opportunist i think , head in the hide opening waiting lol , want him to have his first feed with us already , i may just cry out of happiness ! lol x
markmifsud Posted - 20/05/2011 : 00:36:55
I know mine are ready for food when they look as though they are hunting around looking for prey, saying that, the older female will eat anytime I offer her a rat, she isnt fussy, works out pretty good as if any of the other three dont fancy a munch, she will always save me from re-freezing the meal lol

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000