New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2011 :  00:16:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we moved zac yesterday , shall we feed him next wednesday to leave it a week ? ive noticed when our hand was near his hide his head came out and tongue flicked like mad a few times , he has never done this , could it mean hes ready to feed ?

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

markmifsud
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2011 :  00:36:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know mine are ready for food when they look as though they are hunting around looking for prey, saying that, the older female will eat anytime I offer her a rat, she isnt fussy, works out pretty good as if any of the other three dont fancy a munch, she will always save me from re-freezing the meal lol

1.1.0 Pastal Ball
1.0.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)
0.1.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)

Bromley. SE London

Edited by - markmifsud on 20/05/2011 00:50:06
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2011 :  01:06:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol , just not sure if it wait as he is just settling in . zac doesnt do much hunting , he is a typical opportunist i think , head in the hide opening waiting lol , want him to have his first feed with us already , i may just cry out of happiness ! lol x

Go to Top of Page

Strawb
Yearling

Germany
120 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2011 :  07:21:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd let him wait until Wednesday if I were you. It'll do him no harm and a settling in period is always beneficial.
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2011 :  23:07:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah a week to settle sounds good

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2011 :  12:42:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah we are gona leave him till wedensday now :) we have noticed that although he doesnt come out of his hide fully , since being in his rub , with me on the sofa hes about an arms length away on a table , his head comes rite out alot , even with the lights on and tv etc . and we wake up to a trashed rub with the water bowl shuffled round etc . still wake up to condensation tho , so may try and put a few more holes in there . our mat stat give a 4.5 degree temp change , was clicking off at 32 then dropping to 27 , so ive up-ed it and it clicks off at 33.5 and on a 28.4 :/

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2011 :  13:03:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah a few more air holes will help with the condensation. Try taking some of the substrate out again and bake it for a little bit in the oven.

You'd be OK to put the stat up a little bit higher, aim so it doesn't go over 35 though and you'll be grand.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000