The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 SUNDAY!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
aimeecrr Posted - 25/09/2011 : 16:28:58
Hey every1 im finally getting my python sunday. She is feeding fine and shedding. Im really excited. Just a couple of quick questions if its ok. In what way can i help the snake get used to me? I know i will have to leave her alone for a week but what can i do to get her used to my scent? Also my friend will be helping me out alot, how will she get used to him? Cheers 4 being patient guys, every1 on her has been a really big help and i thank you! Any tips will be appreciated
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tawfik47 Posted - 26/09/2011 : 09:23:18
Bats and Bob said everything I just gonna wish u luck
n/a Posted - 25/09/2011 : 21:56:53
Yes, as Bob says, slow but sure ...and one thing I notice over and over again is that nothing goes to plan. A snake who's confident one day may be stressy or aloof the next; they can be changeable and unpredictable (although to me that's part of their charm) and it is definitely a matter of time, and getting used to each other's ways. All the best with your new royal and congrats in advance.
Lotabob Posted - 25/09/2011 : 17:11:24
Time is really the only way to let them get used to you, some will settle quickly some may take a little longer but as long as you are providing what they need (and been a Royal sometimes its what they want). I've heard people putting a piece of worn clothing in to get them used to your scent, i've never done that and cant see it making a massive amount of difference as they have such good sense of smell they'll smell you a mile off anyway. The best thing (the best bit of advice I was given) is to leave them as much as you can without handling, until you have 3 consecutive feeds under your belt to allow them to setttle in their new home, then start handling to get them used to that staart with a few minutes a couple of times a week and work up from there.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000