The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Active & Happy Royal

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bluepoolshark Posted - 29/09/2011 : 10:29:08
Can you have such a thing as a happy active royal?

We bought our pastel at kempton, and he has strike fed weekly every single time, even with last nights change to rats. The only bit that bothers me is that everywhere I read says you will barely see your royal yet ours seems to be out and about quite a few times a day. He is also seems to tolerate being held without any bother.

Temps are good in his rub and he seems to move about from his hot to cool hides when he wants, so should I just take it I have a lively royal??
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lorraine Posted - 30/09/2011 : 10:59:38
Yep. Oscar's out and about too so I'd say, yes you can have a happy, active Royal.
frambo Posted - 30/09/2011 : 09:24:33
Well as far as my girl is concerned, the only time she is in her hide for a period of time is if she's napping during the day (no one in the room, nothing going on) and if she's just eaten.
Otherwise she's always out and about wanting to be taken out and happily stretching around the place.
n/a Posted - 29/09/2011 : 16:14:36
I think royals, and all snakes for that matter, go in phases - sometimes lively, sometimes reclusive. Long as conditions are right and they're eating (in the appropriate season for royals lol!) and shedding and doing everything a snake should, I reckon they're ok.
Kelfezond Posted - 29/09/2011 : 16:02:40
Mine are always out and about these days, once they settle in they don't hide as much as people think.
mystra Posted - 29/09/2011 : 14:59:45
woohoo! it's always a good thing, my Chancho is like that... he wants to be out every 5 mins, even the night after his dinner he wont stop looking all sad and longing to come out!

he sat on my shoulder while i cleaned out his RUB in the kitchen the other day, although he did nearly lose his grip and fall in the sink/bin XD
markmifsud Posted - 29/09/2011 : 13:08:21
out of four royals, I have only one that does prefer to hide away, and two of them are out and about nearly all the time I am home, so no, its not that abnormal, so enjoy your snake :)
Tawfik47 Posted - 29/09/2011 : 11:05:26
Congrats !! u r lucky to have a royal like yours

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000