New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bluepoolshark
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2011 :  10:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you have such a thing as a happy active royal?

We bought our pastel at kempton, and he has strike fed weekly every single time, even with last nights change to rats. The only bit that bothers me is that everywhere I read says you will barely see your royal yet ours seems to be out and about quite a few times a day. He is also seems to tolerate being held without any bother.

Temps are good in his rub and he seems to move about from his hot to cool hides when he wants, so should I just take it I have a lively royal??

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2011 :  11:05:26  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats !! u r lucky to have a royal like yours

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

markmifsud
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2011 :  13:08:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
out of four royals, I have only one that does prefer to hide away, and two of them are out and about nearly all the time I am home, so no, its not that abnormal, so enjoy your snake :)

1.1.0 Pastal Ball
1.0.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)
0.1.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)

Bromley. SE London
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2011 :  14:59:45  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
woohoo! it's always a good thing, my Chancho is like that... he wants to be out every 5 mins, even the night after his dinner he wont stop looking all sad and longing to come out!

he sat on my shoulder while i cleaned out his RUB in the kitchen the other day, although he did nearly lose his grip and fall in the sink/bin XD

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2011 :  16:02:40  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine are always out and about these days, once they settle in they don't hide as much as people think.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2011 :  16:14:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think royals, and all snakes for that matter, go in phases - sometimes lively, sometimes reclusive. Long as conditions are right and they're eating (in the appropriate season for royals lol!) and shedding and doing everything a snake should, I reckon they're ok.

Edited by - n/a on 29/09/2011 21:33:49
Go to Top of Page

frambo
Yearling

United Kingdom
228 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2011 :  09:24:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well as far as my girl is concerned, the only time she is in her hide for a period of time is if she's napping during the day (no one in the room, nothing going on) and if she's just eaten.
Otherwise she's always out and about wanting to be taken out and happily stretching around the place.

0.0.3 Koi Carp
Go to Top of Page

Lorraine
Yearling

United Kingdom
480 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2011 :  10:59:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep. Oscar's out and about too so I'd say, yes you can have a happy, active Royal.

1.0.0 CB11 Normal Royal, Oscar.
1.0.0 German Shepherd, Bailey.

Still lots to learn.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000