The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Twice as much Saada

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 09/10/2011 : 23:27:41
I've mentioned before that Saada, my cf09 normal, is a small girl, though, since she's just a pet, that's not a problem. When she arrived last November, though very well cared for and a good feeder, she only weighed 300g.

It's always nice to see them grow though and, after 11 months on Blackecho's feeding guide (with a fast that lasted from January into May) she's just shed and left me the usual pile. Weighing her today, I was pleased to see she'd reached 735g.

She came out for counterpane walkies, very full of herself and new and shiny with that beautiful blue sheen, and tonight I found her basking in her viv, so here she is.

Nothing glamorous in the world of royals, but I'm very proud of her.

Thanks for looking.

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 12/10/2011 : 10:45:35
Thanks. She's beginning to, size-wise. She's always been a lovely girl, but when I got her she was 4 and had been fed mice all her life, which is why I think she never attained breeding weight - 2 large mice @ 45g every week, for a girl who should have been munching on a medium rat every fortnight, wasn't quite the same.

She's also beginning to throw her weight about, so to speak. She had a little patch of stuck shed last time; I put her in the damp pillowcase to ease it off, and when she came out, she was cross! It was a bit like I imagine arguing with a boa would be - she's STRONG!!
Tawfik47 Posted - 12/10/2011 : 09:38:36
1460g ha !! can't wait until Blitz will reach this number. Surahi must be doing very well
n/a Posted - 11/10/2011 : 14:30:20
Also, might as well mention - Surahi, my cb06 dinker, has recently shed and emptied too - 1460g! Another meal or two and she'll be breeding weight, not bad for a lass who was a confirmed mouse junkie up till this summer ...sadly we won't be breeding (although sorely tempted and so would Shahi be too, I imagine)but nice to know she's the weight she ought to be since being on her ratty diet.
n/a Posted - 11/10/2011 : 14:09:49
Ah, thanks but they're not rocks - the thing on the left is driftwood - some stuff called mopani wood which is marketed in the uk for aquariums. The thing on the right is one of the plastic 'Trixie' hides, a German brand which is undercutting the more expensive exoterra brand in this country ...they're cheap but effective and very good value. It's only Ziska, who's got a 5' viv, who has some rocks in her warm end to bask on, as she's a diurnal snake.

Looking at this photo, I keep thinking that I must put a bit of plastic greenery in at the warm end; the plantmat on the wall looks a bit stark.

Yes, if you're feeding Blitz his hammys in his viv, you won't be able to have much cover for the hammy to skulk in - though doesn't sound as if it'll have time to suss out any hiding places - Blitz sounds pretty efficient, congrats again!
Tawfik47 Posted - 11/10/2011 : 12:28:13
BTW, the rocks look great in the viv, i really want to put one in my viv, but since i'm feeding Blitz in the viv with live prey i don't want to be alot of things in Blitz way
n/a Posted - 10/10/2011 : 15:13:17
Thanks guys - lol yeah she's just sharpening her fangs for the next meal - I'm really pleased with her; she's such a sweetheart and so gentle, but show her a rat atm and she's on the ball! Long may it last.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 10/10/2011 : 13:16:59
what a lovely shiny snakey
You have there bats :)

Bet you well pleased with how she's getting on
mystra Posted - 10/10/2011 : 13:15:52
awww, she's a pretty little girl! i thought she was having a munch on the rock too haha!
Lorraine Posted - 10/10/2011 : 11:39:34
It's lovely to see her Bats, and that's a super weight gain she's given you.
Tawfik47 Posted - 10/10/2011 : 08:44:19
Hello Saada
n/a Posted - 10/10/2011 : 00:22:37
Thanks guys - lol Bob, see what you mean - well, that's royals for you, get them in feeding mode and they'll eat anything!
lemur Posted - 10/10/2011 : 00:08:13
she is lovely, bout the same size as my royal.
Lotabob Posted - 09/10/2011 : 23:30:25
Beautiful little girl. Very glamorous too sporting her natural look, its very 2011.

I also had to look twice as I thought she was trying to eat the wood for a second.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000