The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Nothing's working

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nikki0421 Posted - 23/10/2011 : 18:35:43
Hi guys
I am having real problems with Oscar's last shed. He still has some left on the top of his head and a couple of inches down his neck. I have tried putting him in a warm bath and also putting him in a damp pillowcase in the viv as someone on here suggested but no luck. I am clean out of ideas. Help!!!! Do you think I will have to take him to the vets?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tawfik47 Posted - 24/10/2011 : 09:46:39
Blitz has the same under his jaw, it dosn't bother him at all, hope it will go away next shed.
chrisc Posted - 24/10/2011 : 06:16:19
when frank had some left on his bottom jaw an neck i gave him a bath then with a damp cotton bud i very gently worked the edges loose around his jaw so there was a little flap of it loose then leftn the rest to him witch he managed to get off himself
karl Posted - 23/10/2011 : 22:35:38
Get one of the rubber thumbs (used by people to sort lots of paperwork). Then either soak a bit and slowly work it off with the use of the rubber thumb, or get some "shed aid" and do the same. Works for me. My Mojave has a tendency to leave a bit behind her head each shed, comes off in 5 mins each time using shed aid. Just take your time.
If you aren't sure/confident enough get someone local who can show/help.
Lotabob Posted - 23/10/2011 : 18:51:09
Just leave it.

If its not eyecaps or tail tips its not a massive issue, it will shed off at the next shed, just boot humidity up for the next one to help it off.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000