Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nikki0421
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2011 :  18:35:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys
I am having real problems with Oscar's last shed. He still has some left on the top of his head and a couple of inches down his neck. I have tried putting him in a warm bath and also putting him in a damp pillowcase in the viv as someone on here suggested but no luck. I am clean out of ideas. Help!!!! Do you think I will have to take him to the vets?

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2011 :  18:51:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just leave it.

If its not eyecaps or tail tips its not a massive issue, it will shed off at the next shed, just boot humidity up for the next one to help it off.

Edited by - Lotabob on 23/10/2011 18:52:13
Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2011 :  22:35:38  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Get one of the rubber thumbs (used by people to sort lots of paperwork). Then either soak a bit and slowly work it off with the use of the rubber thumb, or get some "shed aid" and do the same. Works for me. My Mojave has a tendency to leave a bit behind her head each shed, comes off in 5 mins each time using shed aid. Just take your time.
If you aren't sure/confident enough get someone local who can show/help.

Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2011 :  06:16:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when frank had some left on his bottom jaw an neck i gave him a bath then with a damp cotton bud i very gently worked the edges loose around his jaw so there was a little flap of it loose then leftn the rest to him witch he managed to get off himself

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2011 :  09:46:39  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Blitz has the same under his jaw, it dosn't bother him at all, hope it will go away next shed.

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000