The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Shocked!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Regalmatt Posted - 09/01/2012 : 14:28:21
Ive had suki for about 4 weeks now, I was told she was 4 years old, she's just under4ft long when at a stretch, I've just weighed her and the scales are reading at 990g, now I've checked the graph(which only goes to 36 months) and going by that she's very under weight! But to look at her she doesn't look skinny? I'm worried now. Please help.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 09/01/2012 : 16:54:40
when i got derek whos 4 yrs old and about 4 1/2ft he was 1100g so not that much more then yours. he is now 1430g, been feeding 10-15% of body weight rule. will be changing to 2 week feeding now hes this weight
n/a Posted - 09/01/2012 : 16:14:10
When I got my cf09 girl in Nov '10, she weighed 300g. Good little eater, just a small snake. She had been well looked after but came from a pet supermarket chain who had advised her owner on feeding what I call a 'shop maintenance diet' ie not quite as much as I'd feed my snakes.

Now, at almost 3, she weighs 770g empty. She came out for weighing today and is a nice plump royal. Just on the small side.

Yes, as Kelf says, no need to worry unless your girl is obviously underweight.
Kelfezond Posted - 09/01/2012 : 14:56:49
That's okay she's a royal, they're basically designed to refuse meals :P
Regalmatt Posted - 09/01/2012 : 14:53:10
Cool, cheers, I'll do that... Although she refused a meal a couple of days ago.
Kelfezond Posted - 09/01/2012 : 14:49:22
You can but you don't really have any need to, I'd just stick to the regular feeding method of feeding 10%-15% of her bodyweight :)
Regalmatt Posted - 09/01/2012 : 14:47:12
Cheers Kelf, that's what I wanted to hear! I do know she has been a problem feeder in the past. Can I attemp to 'bulk' her up a bit?
Kelfezond Posted - 09/01/2012 : 14:40:36
Nothing to be worried about. The graph mainly shows our royals which we keep on a strict health diet. Snakes grow depending on their food source she obviously just had a rather small diet it shouldn't do her any real harm just means she's grown a lot slower than she could be. If her spine isn't protruding against her back then she's just small not malnourished :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000