The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Vivarium

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ajokocha Posted - 22/04/2012 : 10:56:39
Hey guys just wanted a bit of advice, about when should I move my young royals to vivs from their rubs. They're both about a year old, and are touching the 200g mark. I eventually want to house them both in 3 foot vivs. Just not sure when to do it as I don't want to stress them out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
acd1984 Posted - 23/04/2012 : 17:35:55
I follow 1 simple rule with mine (although like as been said it depends on the snake), i go with the length of the snake = the width of the rub/viv, although i put george in his 3ft viv when he was only 2.5 feet and he was fine
ajokocha Posted - 22/04/2012 : 14:16:52
Ok guys thanks :). They're both pretty active and inquisitive so I think they'll be ok. So in a few weeks theyll have a nice double 3x2 viv all decked out with hides plants and branches. Will let you know how it goes
n/a Posted - 22/04/2012 : 13:11:55
Yup, I switched Shahi from rub to viv when he was quite young and he seemed to thrive. I hardly saw him, mind, in all the cover, but he liked it and that was the main point.

With my royals, I like to use hides that are closed all the way round,except for an entrance hole - and I place them with the entrance facing away from the viv windows so that the snake can feel doubly secure.

Hope the transition goes ok.
Lotabob Posted - 22/04/2012 : 12:35:42
Well! It depends on the snake really, though Duke is about as shy as they come and he does just fine in a 3X2 that is stuffed full of log and foliage. In my opinion though if they have a nice hide to snuggle up in with a bit of foliage shielding the door then they could happily live in a football stadium.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000