New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ajokocha
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
816 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2012 :  10:56:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys just wanted a bit of advice, about when should I move my young royals to vivs from their rubs. They're both about a year old, and are touching the 200g mark. I eventually want to house them both in 3 foot vivs. Just not sure when to do it as I don't want to stress them out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1.0.0 normal royal -Floyd
1.0.0 mojave royal - Smee
1.0.0 common boa - Brady

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2012 :  12:35:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well! It depends on the snake really, though Duke is about as shy as they come and he does just fine in a 3X2 that is stuffed full of log and foliage. In my opinion though if they have a nice hide to snuggle up in with a bit of foliage shielding the door then they could happily live in a football stadium.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2012 :  13:11:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup, I switched Shahi from rub to viv when he was quite young and he seemed to thrive. I hardly saw him, mind, in all the cover, but he liked it and that was the main point.

With my royals, I like to use hides that are closed all the way round,except for an entrance hole - and I place them with the entrance facing away from the viv windows so that the snake can feel doubly secure.

Hope the transition goes ok.

Go to Top of Page

ajokocha
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
816 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2012 :  14:16:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok guys thanks :). They're both pretty active and inquisitive so I think they'll be ok. So in a few weeks theyll have a nice double 3x2 viv all decked out with hides plants and branches. Will let you know how it goes

1.0.0 normal royal -Floyd
1.0.0 mojave royal - Smee
1.0.0 common boa - Brady
Go to Top of Page

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2012 :  17:35:55  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I follow 1 simple rule with mine (although like as been said it depends on the snake), i go with the length of the snake = the width of the rub/viv, although i put george in his 3ft viv when he was only 2.5 feet and he was fine

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
2.0.0 Normal - George & Kairo
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko - Leo
0.0.1 Crocodile gecko - Pheonix

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page