Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tania
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2012 :  17:42:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I am new to the forum.

I have 2 Royal Pythons. That i got a week ago now Fred and Wilma. :)

Fred though is being very grouchy and always seems coiled ready to strike and infact he did bite me today on my wrist. Nothing bad he only abouta year old and didnt hold on just a quick bite and retract.

I dont understand why he is so gouchy or what i could do to relax him more. I get them out for about an hour a day. Wilma always seems happyto come out but not Fred he curls up as tight as he can.

Any suggestions welcome. They are not my first Royals but ive never had such a moody one before!

Thank you inadvance.

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2012 :  17:58:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't worry too much, Royals are stressy snakes on the whole so been a bit of a grump after moving is not really a surprise. I would personally hold off handling both but specially Fred until after you have 3 feeds in a row in him. Eating is a good sign they are more settled so its a good guideline to follow.

Quick question, are they been kept together in the same vivarium? If so have they always been together? If so do you know their sex 100%?

Its unusual for them to bite but no unheard of, you'll probably find once you lift him out he is a totally different snake but try letting him settle in a bit first.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2012 :  17:59:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh and welcome to the forum.

Go to Top of Page

frambo
Yearling

United Kingdom
228 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2012 :  19:41:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum and I second everything that Lotabob said. If you're lucky enough to get a chilled out and relaxed snake you can get away with handling them whenever you want to but if you have an individual that's a little wary then it's better to give him at least a week to settle in. Photos?

0.0.3 Koi Carp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000