The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Feeding a newby

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lincsfox Posted - 25/05/2012 : 08:37:33
I picked Monty up last night (pics on the photo thread) and he's settled in great. Every time I go past his viv though he comes out of his hide and up to the glass, like he's hoping I'm bringing food.

I know people say to leave them a week, but is that just because they're likely to refuse? He's not eaten since 5th May, is it worth offering or should I just leave him?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hodgie Posted - 27/05/2012 : 18:37:49
quote:
Originally posted by mattc142

he had a few miss strikes and then let go of the mouse after a succesfull strike,

sounds like your food could have done with been slightly warmer, well done anyway.
Dixon Posted - 27/05/2012 : 18:20:12
I know how you feel Matt as I bought my little girl last Monday and had her out for the first time today. We had a little play and she was due for a feed so I thought I would give it a go. I was concerned because of the reputation royals have and the fact that she had taken a lot in being handled by me after no contact with anyone for a week. I fed her out of the viv in a seperate container and warmed the mouse slightly. She had a little snif and then struck, coiled and the mouse was history. I woudl like to say it was a treat to watch but she was so damned quick it just didn't register. It's a great feeling when they eat for the first time and long may it continue.
Kelfezond Posted - 27/05/2012 : 16:25:28
Congratulations Matt :) always good to get that first feed out the way
mattc142 Posted - 27/05/2012 : 16:23:57
hey every one i picked up corey from my reptile center yesterday,and he has doing the same thing sniffing around like he was hungry. i know he hadnt eaten since last thursday so ive given him a mouse today. he had a few miss strikes and then let go of the mouse after a succesfull strike, i thort he wasnt going to have it but went into the room 15 mins later and he was there knockin it down his neck.so very chuffed
ppl_clectr Posted - 25/05/2012 : 15:03:18
Some eat right away, some don't eat for months. Give it a go!
carlb1981 Posted - 25/05/2012 : 10:09:14
My snake Marty has been the same since I took the rat out that he seemed to have no interest in and now he's sniffing around or poking his head out of his cave in an s like he's ready to strike
HaydenK Posted - 25/05/2012 : 09:17:35
I'd try him, I fed ratchet about 2 days after I got him because he was a little like that. It worked out well.
I think after the feed they seem to settle down a little better.

Clank (which I also got yestoday was being a little "strikey" for no reason and the reptile shop I got him from had him on mice which probably wouldn't touch the edges of the guy so I will try Clank with a rat on Sunday.
Kelfezond Posted - 25/05/2012 : 08:46:31
You can offer if you want, no harm in it :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000