The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 HELP

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AmateurSnoop Posted - 03/06/2012 : 16:25:28
Hiya everyone,
I need some advice if anyone can help me?
I have to do a move to the Channel Islands and I do not know the best way to transport my snake there. He is only a year old so is currently being quite aggressive, which has been increased due to the moving and him being unsettled numerous times from room to room in the house. The only way at the moment we can think to move him is for my mum to go on the ferry. Only thing is that would mean he would have to be without his heater and light etc for about 28hours. Would this be damaging for his health?
Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to take him please and make it as stress free for him as possible?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AmateurSnoop Posted - 03/06/2012 : 19:58:14
Thank you so much, this is brilliant help both of you
n/a Posted - 03/06/2012 : 16:46:17
Hi and welcome.

I've bought snakes and had them couriered to me - which means that the snake is packed up in:-

a suitably sized box with a layer of kitchen roll, within a polybox, surrounded by crumpled newspaper and warmed by one of those heat pack thingies, within more crumpled newspaper in a stout cardboard box. All with airholes of course.

This package leaves the shop in the afternoon and then spends the night at the courier's depot, before leaving for its destination in the morning. The whole process can take 20 hours at least but even the smallest snake has been fine. They might arrive a bit cool and comatose, but soon perk up in their warm viv - and at this time of year, temps (we hope) are going to be reasonable.

This is my supplier - http://www.bluelizardreptiles.co.uk/contactus

They are really helpful and I think that if you rang them for advice, they would tell you the best way to package a snake for its 'long haul' journey.

Good luck with the move and hope he settles well in his new home.
JanieW Posted - 03/06/2012 : 16:44:01
Maybe if you take a couple of covered hot water bottles, and refill as they cool down, or a heat mat as most ferries have electicity in the cabins. As they neither need or appreciate light, that won't be an issue :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000