The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Pythons
 I'm getting an Irian Jaya Carpet in the morning!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 20/01/2012 : 19:50:37
For weeks now a snake named Sula has been haunting me. It started with my thinking - I must do Sula's waterbowl. Today I was talking on the phone and said - Sula's eating really well.

I haven't got a Sula.

But - going to see a cb11 Irian Jaya Carpet python tomorrow ...'Sula' is old Norse for 'gannet' and 'Sulah' is Urdu for 'reconciliation' but also, 'Sula' is Indonesian for 'Island'.

Barring disasters, watch this space for pics tomorrow afternoon!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 11/02/2012 : 15:27:17
Here she is (sorry lousy pics.) And please disregard horrible temp strip - I bought it when I didn't know any better lol.

Waiter, there's a snake in my soup!

Not pleased to get out of her nice warm bathwater ...

Thanks for looking!
chrisc Posted - 10/02/2012 : 23:48:25
sounds like shes settling in well then. my photos are only on my phone so not that good. look forward to the pics, a jungle carpet is high on my wish list
n/a Posted - 10/02/2012 : 23:38:13
Ah - she divides her time between soaking and perching but will try to get some pics tomorrow - she hasn't had much handling as the room's cold and she's in quarantine so I can't take her into the other, warmer, rooms where my other snakes are.

But she's never missed a meal with me and has grown and although my photography's not good, will try to get some pics tomorrow.
chrisc Posted - 10/02/2012 : 22:49:23
a jungle carpet in high on my wish list. any pics of the shiney sula? or is she still settling in
n/a Posted - 05/02/2012 : 13:24:38
Very pleased to report that Sulah has had her first shed with me.

She was restless and nuzzling around yesterday afternoon; not wishing to hover over her, I kept an eye every so often, and found a mess, and then a beautiful shed late last night - might have missed it earlier as it was wound round some foliage and vine. Unravelling it I managed to tear the head part and lose some - d'oh! But she is feeding again today (never stopped despite shedding) and I will be able to check her over.

She's settled in very well - the seller warned me of occasional feistiness, but I haven't seen it yet, though after her shed she may be back on form. She seems to be in good working order, and, though not wanting to boast, looks even more beautiful after her shed.

So pleased with her - can recommend carpets!
n/a Posted - 28/01/2012 : 13:36:26
Thanks guys and congrats yourself Boomslang.

Sulah made me laugh this morning - I'd put a folded damp flannel on top of her damp hide, just in case she didn't get the point of it, and when I went to check her I couldn't see her. Then I saw a bulge in the flannel ...very sensibly, she'd got inside it and was curled up like someone in a sleeping bag.

Maybe she'd like her own duvet lol!
sultanheart Posted - 28/01/2012 : 10:52:55
congrats =)
boomslang Posted - 27/01/2012 : 18:35:57
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

LOL - it's a reptile though isn't it?

You're addicted like the rest of us!

Back on topic - since I gave her a damp hide, the little git has now come down off her perch and disappeared entirely so looks like she's seriously working on her shed. I will keep the humidity up and just let her do her own thing ...

hehehe yep its a reptile,I'll post viv pics etc tomorrow :P

btw congrats on the new snake bats :)
n/a Posted - 27/01/2012 : 15:13:08
LOL - it's a reptile though isn't it?

You're addicted like the rest of us!

Back on topic - since I gave her a damp hide, the little git has now come down off her perch and disappeared entirely so looks like she's seriously working on her shed. I will keep the humidity up and just let her do her own thing ...
boomslang Posted - 27/01/2012 : 14:50:28
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

OOOOh - being bitchy are we??

You wait, Boomslang! You'll get got by the addiction!

Ha Ha can't wait to see your new sig, and your confession ...got some more snakes ...

Typing this with my pine up my sleeve ...ha can't wait to hear about Boomslang's new snakes ... they will arrive, oh yesssssss!!!!

I already got enough :P and i did go out yesterday to pick up a new member to the addiction lol.But he's not a snake :P
n/a Posted - 26/01/2012 : 23:51:07
OOOOh - being bitchy are we??

You wait, Boomslang! You'll get got by the addiction!

Ha Ha can't wait to see your new sig, and your confession ...got some more snakes ...

Typing this with my pine up my sleeve ...ha can't wait to hear about Boomslang's new snakes ... they will arrive, oh yesssssss!!!!

boomslang Posted - 26/01/2012 : 23:41:32
quote:
Originally posted by reptilemadd

Congrats BATS but I'm sure a while ago you said no more snakes lol (at least 3 snakes ago) you'll be in need of one of my amazing racks soon I'll even del and set it up for you

Yeah im sure she said that to :P
n/a Posted - 26/01/2012 : 16:06:03
A little update on Sulah.

The night after her feed she came down to her water bowl, climbed in ...and soaked.

She was still there at 6am. The bowl's in the warm end so she wouldn't be cold, but I wondered if it was good for her to be in water so long. She resumed perching during the day - she has never used her hides ...and that night got back into her jacuzzi once again ...

I did of course check for mites, and thankfully there are no signs, fingers crossed.

Yesterday I got her out to check her and change her water - and her eyes were opaque. Ah! That was why! I'd been wondering if IJs liked to soak after eating, but if she's shedding, that explains it.

All the same, I put her water bowl in the cool end this morning, while she was perched, and arranged a damp hide in her warm end.

Then I did a bit of research, and found this -

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snakes/630213-carpet-python-soaking.html

Carpets soak. They just like soaking, it seems, and that is that.

If she climbs back into her dish this evening I will just replace it in her warm end and let her do her own thing.
n/a Posted - 22/01/2012 : 17:34:12
Yup - here's another one.

Cy didn't eat her meal today and it's about the weight Sulah's been on, so ...didn't fuss her, just offered and ...

Hmm...says Sulah, might eat again at this hotel ...
n/a Posted - 22/01/2012 : 12:27:46
Aww the right one will come along, Bob - I was so disappointed the other week when the deal fell through with that royal I was buying, but if I'd bought him, I'd never have been able to buy Sulah - a clear case of things happening for the best. I just happened to be glancing through preloved on Friday afternoon (as one does) and the ad for her had only just gone in. I don't often see them for sale, and this one was only 30 mins car drive away from me. I couldn't believe nobody else had snapped her up.

Yes, loads of pics to come, you know me.
Lotabob Posted - 22/01/2012 : 11:45:46
I missed this as well. SO JEALOUS I'm considering a carpet python for my big Vivarium though I have a few options at the moment including a lizard of some sort (beardie or water dragon).

Looking forward to lots of pictures of this one progressing.
n/a Posted - 22/01/2012 : 00:28:22
Yup - obsessive temp checking, right on, and yup, sounds like the normal cat household!
blackskull Posted - 22/01/2012 : 00:22:48
yeah you know they will be fine but you still feel the need to check they seem ok and check temps every 15mins lol

for once im not fighting one of the cats off for space on the couch. binx is on top of normas viv, daisy is in her bed in the window, i think dave and marble are out but i bet i have to fight guin for my space in bed when i head up lol
n/a Posted - 22/01/2012 : 00:14:09
Ah, thanks, hope she is, just rechecked on her and she's still up there in a bundle, remember my first corn hatchlings doing the same thing on their climbing branches lol, two and a half years ago, but you know how it is, always fuss over a new snake settling in, no matter how many you have, there is always the same magic ...

You and Lucy might appreciate this ...I'm actually typing this with my laptop resting on my other laptop ...Emily the cat lol, very settled and very obstinate ...that thing's moving before I do ...the laptop is very small and light by the way, unlike the Emily ...
blackskull Posted - 21/01/2012 : 23:53:35
she looks happy in her new home

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000