The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 some people shouldnt have snakes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
diesel Posted - 18/08/2009 : 20:33:00
i dont care if the person who has this snake is on here, and if iv posted it in the wrong part then sooorrrrryyy

i was offered this royal a few days ago but the person went back on it, i was already to go pick her up and get her to someone who was gonna feed her up etc but this person went back on it her reason....
she wants to keep the snake (which i can understand) and someone has been out to give her advice on it which i thought was dumb advice he told her to put the royal on DAMP kitchen roll (might be wrong but that dont sound right to me) and to feed her a as in 1 live mouse pink a week which to me seems to little and her reply was well all my friends that have royals feed them a mouse pink or mouse and they are fine i tried to explain it needs to be on rats to try and build it back up but she was more worried about who was getting blamed for it being in poor health, she told me the royal was 9months old and weighted 50grams i just thought maybe she got the age wrong but look below and you,ll see maybe the age is right
the only thing i feel sorry for in this case is the porr royal i adviced her to get it to someone that can feed it right and build her back up, but all her replys was i want to keep it and i aint to blame for it being this way, yeah not to blame for it getting like it but to blame for it staying like it in my eyes

you cant really see in this pick but you can see alot of loose skin nearer the tail end

in this pic you can see alot of loose skin and can tell its in a very poor way (save and zoom in if you have to i did)

i think its just sad that its being kept like this than rather taken to someone else, its clear by its state it aint feeding and as i said it dont look like it would be able to constrict to kill a live pray but she just wouldnt listen, and to the damp kitchen roll i dont know if its right or not it didnt sound right to me and all it will do is increase the humidity etc and could end up giving the snake a RI but yet again all she cared about was who was to blame its sad
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
diesel Posted - 25/08/2009 : 14:01:02
yeah my local rep shop is feeding there royals on mice fluffs but only 1 each and they are losing weight pritty fast iv even told the lad that works in there that they are losing weight and he just goes there fine,
the worst bit is i know the breeder who sold them to the shop and i went round to his to get a few snakes sexed and i told him and he knew and has talked to them and they wont listen to the bloke that sold them to them, the guy who bred them even saw a dead 1 in there and they removed it but kept all the royals up for sale still,
me and my partner a month ago pulled a very large dead corn snake out of a viv in there as the person that deals with the snakes wasnt in that week and the snake must have been dead at least a week, why do these shops tell people to feed there royals mice when they cant even keep there own snakes in health and its clear there better of with rats its sooo sad that royals and other snakes are kept in a state like this,
if i had the money i would buy them from my local shop and rehome them once built up, but its shops like this that are advicing people like her to feed them a mouse a week
MissCat Posted - 25/08/2009 : 12:02:06
quote:
Originally posted by cobra111

I know how she feels though, as a new snake owner we try and do the best for our new pets but the net is the most accessable point for info , I looked at several sites that gave completely different info,I bought a snake from what was supposedly a reputable dealer and got told my 3 month old should be fed 1 mice pinky every seven to 10 days, this was changed straight away and now syd is taking small rat fluffs or large rat pups every 5 days. Her profile says that she is only sixteen so she's going to be very inpressionable and stubborn, we've just got to hope that she listens to the right advice. Steve

yup, the baby royal i bought yesterday was being fed mouse pinkies up until saturday when they moved it to mouse fluffs >.<
boze Posted - 25/08/2009 : 00:18:05
Aye but she has other snakes that are in good health by the looks of it, its a rather strange situation....

D
cobra111 Posted - 24/08/2009 : 22:44:44
The thing that bugs is that looking at her posts she's still looking for another snake as well
diesel Posted - 24/08/2009 : 13:00:37
iv tried talking to her but nothing it is kinda pointless she just wont listen and as they say, "you can only bang your head against that wall so many times before it starts to hurt" all i pitty is the poor baby royal
JinxtheBP Posted - 22/08/2009 : 17:03:03
Oh my god...Has someone talked to the owner? The poor baby...
cobra111 Posted - 21/08/2009 : 17:36:59
I know how she feels though, as a new snake owner we try and do the best for our new pets but the net is the most accessable point for info , I looked at several sites that gave completely different info,I bought a snake from what was supposedly a reputable dealer and got told my 3 month old should be fed 1 mice pinky every seven to 10 days, this was changed straight away and now syd is taking small rat fluffs or large rat pups every 5 days. Her profile says that she is only sixteen so she's going to be very inpressionable and stubborn, we've just got to hope that she listens to the right advice. Steve
wolfspirit Posted - 21/08/2009 : 17:06:28
But as Ali says, we dont know if they had been given bad advice....

it may be that or it may just be ignorance whatever happens the snake needs help and fast...

not sure making it public on the dark side is a good idea either cos they are likely to lynch first rather than help..though there are those that will try and help...
Robert Posted - 21/08/2009 : 15:56:15
This makes me soooo sad and really mad getting this poor creature fit and well again is of the highest prority not how it came to be like this !!
Gingerpony Posted - 19/08/2009 : 21:49:37
quote:
Originally posted by matty198111

quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

that's the problem........ people on ANY forum (yes, including on here!) can sound like they know what they're on about, but in reality they're talking complete and utter bulls**t!
and if you're in the position of having to ask for advice then you're unlikely to know what's good or bad advice........

i understand but i was meaning a very respected reptile breeder near me or even a vets

i know you were hun, i was meaning that the royal's owner is prolly listening to bad advice and thinking taking it is the right thing to do....... cos anyone online can sound like they know what they're talking about
matty198111 Posted - 19/08/2009 : 20:34:20
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

quote:
Originally posted by matty198111

as much as i love my 2 fellas if they started getting ill i would seek the best advice i could...

that's the problem........ people on ANY forum (yes, including on here!) can sound like they know what they're on about, but in reality they're talking complete and utter bulls**t!
and if you're in the position of having to ask for advice then you're unlikely to know what's good or bad advice........

i understand but i was meaning a very respected reptile breeder near me or even a vets

mat
dazb Posted - 19/08/2009 : 18:09:54
Poor little thing...
Kazerella Posted - 19/08/2009 : 17:44:48
Those are shocking photographs Diesal!

Poor Royal
diesel Posted - 19/08/2009 : 16:58:09
got her id on there its Nancyy-Snakes
shes essex and does have other snakes another royal corns and a boa,
i have no problem putting her name on this site or anyother cause as iv said yeah she might not have got it that way but by her not taking it to someone or a vet shes keeping it that way,
and wont bother calling RSPCA they are useless called them about a dog in my area a few months ago, this dog was being used for puppy farming and was in a bad way (not only i called alot did) and you know what the rspca did??? nothing the dog who was only 2years old died cause of the way it was the people now have 4 other bitchs that are 6months old and preg to there own father a rotti and the rspca have been told and what have they done this time?? nothing,
diesel Posted - 19/08/2009 : 16:51:32
just gonna go get her name on there il post it public cause then if alot of people message her and tell her some good advice then maybe she,ll start to listen etc
and i told her it aint gonna be fixed with just a rat pup etc if it came out that way sorry, i told her that yeah it needs food it also needs fluids and prob some meds as well
the add she had up said it needed help as under weight wont feed (shes only had the royal about 3weeks so she told me) so i replyed saying yeah il take her cause she had no pics up to show what state she was or is in i asked her to email me some pics and cried when i saw them and then she sent me a message saying she dont want to hand the snake to anyone as she dont want to give it away etc i told her that i could take it of her and get it to someone that can and hopefully get it back into health but still she wouldnt,
ws shes in belliricky essex hence why i said i could help as it aint really that far from me
wolfspirit Posted - 19/08/2009 : 13:00:31
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Please remember that people can change and as stated, they have asked for advice, they just got wrong advice.

Remember when Cat first came to the forum (sorry Cat), her Royal was in a poorly way through bad advice she had received and now look at it and as Cat as an owner. I know that I would be more than happy for her to have my snakes now.

If we can get her onto the forum we may well be able to help them and the snake.

I agree Piers...

Maybe if Diesel can pm you there id on the dark side you can talk to them...
wolfspirit Posted - 19/08/2009 : 12:59:35
that is shocking, and this person i hope is on here and will come forward to seek help..preferably before the snake dies...

you dont have to reply in this, but is the person in Bedford?

I hope you can persuade her to at least let you or someone get her into shape soon...

Blackecho Posted - 19/08/2009 : 11:51:36
Please remember that people can change and as stated, they have asked for advice, they just got wrong advice.

Remember when Cat first came to the forum (sorry Cat), her Royal was in a poorly way through bad advice she had received and now look at it and as Cat as an owner. I know that I would be more than happy for her to have my snakes now.

If we can get her onto the forum we may well be able to help them and the snake.
karl Posted - 19/08/2009 : 09:28:16
that's an RSPCA job. Surely anyone can see the snake is in distress there
Vazzza Posted - 19/08/2009 : 09:23:52
Makes me sick. I'm new to royals, only got my first last Friday and even i can see that is an unwell snake. I appreciate the comments from people saying its hard to ensure the advice you receive is good advice, but anyone with a bit of common sense wouldn't trust just one source on a subject they know nothing about.

RSPCA???

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000