Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  20:33:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont care if the person who has this snake is on here, and if iv posted it in the wrong part then sooorrrrryyy

i was offered this royal a few days ago but the person went back on it, i was already to go pick her up and get her to someone who was gonna feed her up etc but this person went back on it her reason....
she wants to keep the snake (which i can understand) and someone has been out to give her advice on it which i thought was dumb advice he told her to put the royal on DAMP kitchen roll (might be wrong but that dont sound right to me) and to feed her a as in 1 live mouse pink a week which to me seems to little and her reply was well all my friends that have royals feed them a mouse pink or mouse and they are fine i tried to explain it needs to be on rats to try and build it back up but she was more worried about who was getting blamed for it being in poor health, she told me the royal was 9months old and weighted 50grams i just thought maybe she got the age wrong but look below and you,ll see maybe the age is right
the only thing i feel sorry for in this case is the porr royal i adviced her to get it to someone that can feed it right and build her back up, but all her replys was i want to keep it and i aint to blame for it being this way, yeah not to blame for it getting like it but to blame for it staying like it in my eyes

you cant really see in this pick but you can see alot of loose skin nearer the tail end

in this pic you can see alot of loose skin and can tell its in a very poor way (save and zoom in if you have to i did)

i think its just sad that its being kept like this than rather taken to someone else, its clear by its state it aint feeding and as i said it dont look like it would be able to constrict to kill a live pray but she just wouldnt listen, and to the damp kitchen roll i dont know if its right or not it didnt sound right to me and all it will do is increase the humidity etc and could end up giving the snake a RI but yet again all she cared about was who was to blame its sad

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

coming soon 1.1 butter motley corn

NEW WEB SITE...
http://kat80.webs.com/

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  20:38:08  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ouch, did you say the owner on here, perhaps we can give some advice.

50g is hatchling weight, not surprising if on a mouse pinky a week.

Also, if living on damp kitchen towel there are high chances of Blister Disease and RI's, not to mention to obvious skin problems.

Poor snakey

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  20:42:03  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
tell her she wont be giving the snake up just giving it to someone who can help it,sure there some one who would nurse it,where abouts was it?

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  20:42:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shes on rfuk and might be on here i couldnt say, and thats what i thought about the damp kitchen roll she told me he said that cause the snake is also dehydrated and as i said you need to soak her then damp kitchen roll wont do anything but more damage but would she listen nope... wasnt nice but i sent her a message saying well give the snake a R.I.P from me and that was cause i fell the snake in her care WILL die, its a huge shame

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
642 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  20:44:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can see the loose skin poor snake, 50g for a 9 month old royal is weigh to low. If the owner is on here lets hope they take some advice and sort this poor royal out.

1.0.0 Ghost corn Tynan
0.1.0 Normal corn Sully
0.1.0 Royal Tilly
Go to Top of Page

theonlydarrenever
Yearling

153 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  20:45:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow, that's in a hell of a state. poor snake. i dont understand why people own animals if they're not clued up on them and/or can't be bothered to look after them properly. sigh.
Go to Top of Page

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  20:46:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
told her that and its just a case of i dont want to and she aint that far from me so i offered to get a train even got my ticket cause she said yes to it and pick it up from her as i already contacted the breeder i got my royals from to see if he would help and he was already to had a viv set up in his house rather than where the rest are to look after her but got a text saying shes been given that advice and gonna take it and do it herself and when i tried to tell her she wont be able to as it might need tube feeding fluids she just goes it aint my fault its like this and wouldnt listen

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

kashie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
567 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  20:58:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poor poor little thing

01.01.00 Whippets - Dylan and Tigger
01.01.00 AfricanGreys - Jasper and Ruby
00.00.15 KoiCarp
01.01.00 RoyalPython -Ebanks Blake and Gladysss
01.00.00 MojaveRoyal - Kelso
01.00.00 AlbinoRoyal - Ziggy
00.01.00 PastelRoyal - Phyllisss
00.01.00 SpiderRoyal - Wincey
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  21:15:38  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that royal is shocking!!!!!!!!!

it's great that she's taking advice......... just a massive shame it's a load of b***ocks!

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

matty198111
Yearling

United Kingdom
174 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  21:20:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
son sad to see pics like this, not just snakes but any animal.
why do people buy these pets when clearly they cannot/dont know how to look after them a little knowledge goes along way,
when i first got my 2 i knew a little as id done research and i know i will never know everything about them as im sure you guys are still learning new things.
but come on if a snake looks like that surely anyone can see its not healthy.
as much as i love my 2 fellas if they started getting ill i would seek the best advice i could and if they looked half as bad as them pics i would give them to someone who can take care of them.

all i hope is that poor snake has a miracle recovery and lives a healthier life hopefullly with someone else

rant over

mat
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  22:22:18  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty198111

as much as i love my 2 fellas if they started getting ill i would seek the best advice i could...

that's the problem........ people on ANY forum (yes, including on here!) can sound like they know what they're on about, but in reality they're talking complete and utter bulls**t!
and if you're in the position of having to ask for advice then you're unlikely to know what's good or bad advice........

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  22:49:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
short of going and physically removing the snake from her, advice is all that can be given. A lot of advice is based on experience. Its just what advice to you take? In this case she has clearly gone for bad advice.
My advice would be for her to take her snake to a Herp vet and get it probably treated. I think its pretty clear from the picks that it needs a bit more that a rat pup to get it on the mend. I'm surprised its still alive poor thing.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

Vazzza
Yearling

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  09:23:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Makes me sick. I'm new to royals, only got my first last Friday and even i can see that is an unwell snake. I appreciate the comments from people saying its hard to ensure the advice you receive is good advice, but anyone with a bit of common sense wouldn't trust just one source on a subject they know nothing about.

RSPCA???

0.0.1 Royal Python
0.1.0 Girlfriend
0.0.1 Sister
Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  09:28:16  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that's an RSPCA job. Surely anyone can see the snake is in distress there

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  11:51:36  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Please remember that people can change and as stated, they have asked for advice, they just got wrong advice.

Remember when Cat first came to the forum (sorry Cat), her Royal was in a poorly way through bad advice she had received and now look at it and as Cat as an owner. I know that I would be more than happy for her to have my snakes now.

If we can get her onto the forum we may well be able to help them and the snake.

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  12:59:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that is shocking, and this person i hope is on here and will come forward to seek help..preferably before the snake dies...

you dont have to reply in this, but is the person in Bedford?

I hope you can persuade her to at least let you or someone get her into shape soon...

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  13:00:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Please remember that people can change and as stated, they have asked for advice, they just got wrong advice.

Remember when Cat first came to the forum (sorry Cat), her Royal was in a poorly way through bad advice she had received and now look at it and as Cat as an owner. I know that I would be more than happy for her to have my snakes now.

If we can get her onto the forum we may well be able to help them and the snake.

I agree Piers...

Maybe if Diesel can pm you there id on the dark side you can talk to them...

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  16:51:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just gonna go get her name on there il post it public cause then if alot of people message her and tell her some good advice then maybe she,ll start to listen etc
and i told her it aint gonna be fixed with just a rat pup etc if it came out that way sorry, i told her that yeah it needs food it also needs fluids and prob some meds as well
the add she had up said it needed help as under weight wont feed (shes only had the royal about 3weeks so she told me) so i replyed saying yeah il take her cause she had no pics up to show what state she was or is in i asked her to email me some pics and cried when i saw them and then she sent me a message saying she dont want to hand the snake to anyone as she dont want to give it away etc i told her that i could take it of her and get it to someone that can and hopefully get it back into health but still she wouldnt,
ws shes in belliricky essex hence why i said i could help as it aint really that far from me

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  16:58:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
got her id on there its Nancyy-Snakes
shes essex and does have other snakes another royal corns and a boa,
i have no problem putting her name on this site or anyother cause as iv said yeah she might not have got it that way but by her not taking it to someone or a vet shes keeping it that way,
and wont bother calling RSPCA they are useless called them about a dog in my area a few months ago, this dog was being used for puppy farming and was in a bad way (not only i called alot did) and you know what the rspca did??? nothing the dog who was only 2years old died cause of the way it was the people now have 4 other bitchs that are 6months old and preg to there own father a rotti and the rspca have been told and what have they done this time?? nothing,

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  17:44:48  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Those are shocking photographs Diesal!

Poor Royal

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  18:09:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poor little thing...

Edited by - dazb on 19/08/2009 18:10:12
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic