The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Another bad shed for Beau

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nails Posted - 14/05/2010 : 22:29:17
Well had Beau about 6 months now and on shed number 4, as of yet he still hasn't shed in one piece, so he has had a bath tonight, worst parts have shed IE eye caps and tail just waiting for the middle to do!!!!!!

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
herriotfan Posted - 16/05/2010 : 22:56:56
Aww, bless him, he looks really sorry for himself.
mischang Posted - 16/05/2010 : 13:44:57
i find that if i put extra stones in viv e.g in front of damp hide they have no choice but to go over it and it helps rub the old skin off , i also bath the day b4 they go BLUE you know when they are still going grey and my corn has only had i bad shed in 6 months and he sheds every 4/5 weeks at moment , male royal shed every other month he had old shed on when i got him but has shed fine every time since , female has only had 2 shed with me but both great and the newest member is due soon i hope !!
hodgie Posted - 16/05/2010 : 09:55:25
The oil is from a plant, you just need a couple of drops, it will help soften the skin, you can get it at a chemists.
It sounds like your humidity is wrong, this is easy to find out if you put Beau in a rub on paper instead of sustrate. All the wood in a viv will absorb moisture, visually pleasing for our eyes but not always great for our snakes.
I take it your using spagnum moss, i used this and Hannah still had a bad shed. Strange thing is my other Royals are all fine.
Nails Posted - 15/05/2010 : 23:11:05
yes he is in a wooden Viv there is a plastic tub in there with moss in it begins with S????
i have been bathing him as well, he has a huge lump of wood/bark in his viv, which does end up with skin on it. Is the Aloe pure oil??
pfleming Posted - 15/05/2010 : 22:58:04
First shed for me was a real bad one.

Second time round as soon as i saw the first signs of shedding, I put damp wet flannel towels around the edges of the hides, so he has to lay on/in them. and increased humidity, also providing a peic of logbark, which he used to aid shedding and thats where i found the fully shed skin the next morning.

So just keeping everything really humid and having things to aid his shed worked for me. allways sheds in 1 now :)
hodgie Posted - 15/05/2010 : 22:27:00
Nails, can i ask what you keep Beau in, is it a wooden viv? If so then can i suggest moving him to a rub with a heat mat when you notice him going into shed. My female Hannah cannot shed properly for love or money if she is in a viv as i assume the wood absorbs the moisture messing up the humity. I have spoken to some reptile dealers and one said to soak the snake for 10 mins a night with a couple of drops of aloe vera and this should help.
The last time Hannah was in shed i put her into a rub with a heat mat and she had no problems at all.
spor Posted - 15/05/2010 : 21:29:50
next time when due to shed. when the eyes have cleared from blue give him a warm bath then for 15 to 20mins and see if that helps.
Nails Posted - 15/05/2010 : 11:12:22
Oh i know it does stink, i check every day for poo, just in case i miss it when i do find it, this is his worst shed yet, he has been like this for 10 days now, i have bathed him, sprayed him, moist hides etc not sure what else i can do?
kevtore999 Posted - 15/05/2010 : 10:29:36
I've had my Royal four weeks and he's shed once although it was all over his viv in pieces lol he'd done a nice smelly poo too lol

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000