The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 loki x

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
curiouslyfacinated Posted - 11/12/2011 : 21:44:37

he looks so lovely and is so beautiful but my heart beats so loud i can hear it when i handle him. how do i get the nerves to go away?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tawfik47 Posted - 12/12/2011 : 20:15:41
What a lovely royal
venommum2011 Posted - 12/12/2011 : 16:42:24
the advice above is correct, I was like that with Merlin to begin with but now I have no nerves with him in fact it might do me good if he did warn me as I've become very complacent with him although I am nervous with my elder python Crystal since she struck me and I'm back at sometimes having to wear gloves with her, i'm just scared of the RP teeth lool, my kind hatchling bites yet he dont bother me coz he doesnt hurt lool
Mamma Posted - 12/12/2011 : 10:25:37
Loki is beautiful xx
n/a Posted - 11/12/2011 : 23:13:58
Aww he is a beauty - yes, I was like Mystra, and with corns as well, I used to shake like a leaf when I had to do anything for them because they were so tiny and fast; I was terrified of losing them or doing something wrong, but you do get used to them and eventually you'll forget about being nervous. When I got Shahi, my first royal, he was so tiny he could curl up on the palm of my hand ...and I seriously wondered if he'd bite lol. I was totally in awe of him ...before I realised royals are - apart from feeding time of course - totally soppy.
curiouslyfacinated Posted - 11/12/2011 : 22:21:11
it does look like that lol. it is just the picture on the porridge oats box that is his hide.

when i first picked him up he jumped and pulled his head back a couple of times and so i jumped out of my skin but then he settled on my wrist and just stayed there for ages. i was worried about trying to unwind him to put him away so i just put my arm in his faun and he just slid off.
mystra Posted - 11/12/2011 : 22:02:44
aww, he looks such a sweetie!

As for your nerves, don't fret about it - the more you worry about being nervous, the more nervous you'll be. Give it time and you will soon be handling him and feeling relaxed (royals are super for just chilling out on the sofa with and relaxing!)

I was nervous when i got my first snakie - even though i've never had a phobia or anything, but i was shaking holding my baby corn, and my heart was in my mouth! Scared she would run off, or i'd drop her and of course the excitement of it all!

Just give yourself time :D then you'll wonder what you were ever worried over :)

PS LOL at the first pic.... he looks like he has a tiny man on his back!!!!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000