The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 lucifor's new viv

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
clunch Posted - 20/03/2009 : 18:31:55
hi guys,

as the title says here's lucifor's new viv hope you like it

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dazb Posted - 21/03/2009 : 21:06:25
the thing with mats is that they heat wot ever is in contact with them. cos yours is on the side of the viv with nothing touching it i would say it is doing very little with reguards to the temp.

as was mentioned before i would either locate it on the floor or use a lamp/ceramic to heat the viv....

other than that nice set up...
Kazerella Posted - 21/03/2009 : 14:01:44
Great looking viv Clunch.

A heat mat on the floor is fine until your royal gets big.
Blackecho Posted - 21/03/2009 : 08:38:39
I would put it on the floor of the viv, covered with something (even it its just newspaper) for the time being. If you were to stick with a heatmat for a bit then you would need it approx 1/3 of the floor space and covered with something like lino. However, the best sourceof heat for a large bodied snake like a Royal is either Ceramic or Red Bulb.
clunch Posted - 20/03/2009 : 21:50:44
tbh it did sound a bit weird to me too but thats what that guy from the garden centre said i should do with it. this viv doesnt have light fittings and the centre had non in stock until this wednesday so the earliest time i can get there will be next sunday. atm its the only heat source. the temp gauge says its fine but if you guys think its a problem. how would u say i resolve it with no light fitting?
wolfspirit Posted - 20/03/2009 : 20:29:31
nice viv, ditto on the heatmat, if you take it out you need to make sure nothing is sticky on the viv after you have removed it.
matty18714 Posted - 20/03/2009 : 19:56:54
That viv looks really nice, very well arranged.

I would agree with BE on the mat, there will be a minimal rise in ambient temps so it wont really help the snake and tape is a bit risky.
Blackecho Posted - 20/03/2009 : 18:35:52
Very pretty, although (just personal opinion) I would neither have the heatmat on the side nor have tape in there.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000