The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Brain scan

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bengy_s Posted - 09/11/2009 : 01:25:43
Hi guys, not the best news I'm afraid.

I've been having loads of problems with my stomach in the last few years and had 4 operations so far. I need a 5th but this time is likely going to be open

Anyway, been on pain killers in the meantime and been having massive migranes lasting days at a time (lock myself away with no light or noise) and have fainted twice, been sick & feel dizzy all the time. My sight goes blurry too!

I thought to begin with the pills were causing these side effects but after going to the doctors and he did some tests he grew concerned. I've been booked in for an emergency CAT scan of my brain this Tuesday as he is concerned I'm showing "many symptoms" of a brain tumour!

I'm only 23 and I thought with the problems I've had so far with my stomach, that I have had my fair share of operations to last a lifetime.

Anyway, just wanted to get this off my chest as though I have never met you guys (apart from Lee ) you're a good bunch and wanted to share it with you.

I'll let you all know how Tuesday goes (then pre op decision on 23rd for stomach ) fingers crossed its nothing as serious as a tumour, but if it is I pray it's been caught early.

Sorry to dump this on you all.

Its impossible for me to actually BE sick as one of the ops I've had has created a wrap around the top of my stomach so acid, and in this case sick, can't come up
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PurplePets Posted - 12/11/2009 : 15:02:57
How awful for you . Keeping you in my thoughts and sending lots of positive, healing vibes
Dibzy-Time Posted - 12/11/2009 : 02:04:12
Best of wishes m8. Hope your gunna b ok. Were all here 4 ya
STICKS Posted - 10/11/2009 : 17:15:44
quote:
Originally posted by bengy_s

Hi guys, not the best news I'm afraid.

I've been having loads of problems with my stomach in the last few years and had 4 operations so far. I need a 5th but this time is likely going to be open

Anyway, been on pain killers in the meantime and been having massive migranes lasting days at a time (lock myself away with no light or noise) and have fainted twice, been sick & feel dizzy all the time. My sight goes blurry too!

I thought to begin with the pills were causing these side effects but after going to the doctors and he did some tests he grew concerned. I've been booked in for an emergency CAT scan of my brain this Tuesday as he is concerned I'm showing "many symptoms" of a brain tumour!

I'm only 23 and I thought with the problems I've had so far with my stomach, that I have had my fair share of operations to last a lifetime.

Anyway, just wanted to get this off my chest as though I have never met you guys (apart from Lee ) you're a good bunch and wanted to share it with you.

I'll let you all know how Tuesday goes (then pre op decision on 23rd for stomach ) fingers crossed its nothing as serious as a tumour, but if it is I pray it's been caught early.

Sorry to dump this on you all.

Its impossible for me to actually BE sick as one of the ops I've had has created a wrap around the top of my stomach so acid, and in this case sick, can't come up

Hi there ok matey you sound posative i'm sure we are all sending our best wishes speak to soon.Dave.
kashie Posted - 10/11/2009 : 16:32:13
Fingers crossed - they say no news is good news. :)
sexychef Posted - 10/11/2009 : 14:17:04
best of luck for u dude. hope all turns out well
bengy_s Posted - 10/11/2009 : 14:04:25
Ok so had scan. Annoying cuz i thought i'd be told the results but the radiologist said he's got to look at evry slide. Apparently the ct scanner takes dozens of them and he's got to look at each one to be thorough and confirm with certainty one way or the other and ill find out in a week! Great more waiting! Well i suppose he is being thorough!?!
HannahB Posted - 10/11/2009 : 11:34:16
i have my fingers crossed for you,
Robert Posted - 09/11/2009 : 21:38:42
Ben I am so sorry to hear about your state of health I do so hope that you get well again soon, had my share of stomach ops too !!
fjfenton Posted - 09/11/2009 : 20:32:51
hope its OK for you
Nazzle Posted - 09/11/2009 : 20:08:24
Good luck, I hope everything goes OK. I was diagnosed with breast cancer at 25, and I have nothing but praise for the NHS and Macmillan nurses. Although I thought it was the worst thing that could ever happen, in a weird indirect way it helped me turn my life around. I'm now happily married with a job I love. I'm a great believer that good can come of even the worst situations. I hope everything goes well for you and they find a less sinister reason for your symptoms.
dazb Posted - 09/11/2009 : 19:09:06
Good luck and I hope everything turns out ok for you mate...
bengy_s Posted - 09/11/2009 : 17:38:21
Thanks. I just went back through diary and I though I've been on the Tramadol for 1 year in October, so 13 months, but in fact its 2 years in October so 25 months! Quite a long time.

Its becoming very real now as I had a phone call just now asking me to confirm I can make it. Here goes! Gonna have bad night sleep tonight, not that I normally have good ones!
kashie Posted - 09/11/2009 : 15:40:49
So sorry to hear you are feeling so ill and have this additional worry. Hopefully it's just the medication - my hubby takes Tramadol and he suffers with his stomach as a result and oddly enough has started to develop severe head aches from it.
Fingers crossed for you though and good luck with the scan.
Kazerella Posted - 09/11/2009 : 15:35:10
Keep us informed! I'll be thinking about you

Hopefully it'll be nothing so serious
AddicksGlenn Posted - 09/11/2009 : 14:55:04
Best of luck, will keep everything crossed for you.
yardy Posted - 09/11/2009 : 13:44:22
Best wishes for tomorrow hun.
bengy_s Posted - 09/11/2009 : 12:42:12
Thanks everyone. I hope there is a simple explanation too. I have been on the tramadol for over a year now. The doc's don't like it too much as it can have some side effecrs but i need the pain relief for stomach to be able to get around etc. Yes the keyhole technology is great and two of my stomach ops were done that way, my gran unfortunately passed away three years ago with a brain anerism (sp?) but the doctors did an amazing job with their swiftess and diagnosis but it was just not discovered until it haemoraged. Im trying not to worry until there's something to worry about for sure but, as you probably all experienced at one point or another, the waiting is prob the worst bit. Thanks again for your support guys and I will of course let you all know the result tomo. The appt, is at 10.35 so by 11-11.30 I should know!
MissCat Posted - 09/11/2009 : 11:28:27
Good luck, I have my fingers crossed for you.
matty198111 Posted - 09/11/2009 : 11:18:43
the best of luck to ya mate.

i will be thinking of youtomorrow and i hope all goes well

once again good luck

mat
chris100575 Posted - 09/11/2009 : 09:53:26
All the best, hope it turns out to just be the meds.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000