Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  01:25:43  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, not the best news I'm afraid.

I've been having loads of problems with my stomach in the last few years and had 4 operations so far. I need a 5th but this time is likely going to be open

Anyway, been on pain killers in the meantime and been having massive migranes lasting days at a time (lock myself away with no light or noise) and have fainted twice, been sick & feel dizzy all the time. My sight goes blurry too!

I thought to begin with the pills were causing these side effects but after going to the doctors and he did some tests he grew concerned. I've been booked in for an emergency CAT scan of my brain this Tuesday as he is concerned I'm showing "many symptoms" of a brain tumour!

I'm only 23 and I thought with the problems I've had so far with my stomach, that I have had my fair share of operations to last a lifetime.

Anyway, just wanted to get this off my chest as though I have never met you guys (apart from Lee ) you're a good bunch and wanted to share it with you.

I'll let you all know how Tuesday goes (then pre op decision on 23rd for stomach ) fingers crossed its nothing as serious as a tumour, but if it is I pray it's been caught early.

Sorry to dump this on you all.

Its impossible for me to actually BE sick as one of the ops I've had has created a wrap around the top of my stomach so acid, and in this case sick, can't come up

R.I.P Chester

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  06:43:22  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ouchy, fingers crossed its just the meds. Good luck Ben.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  07:48:12  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Fingers crossed for you mate. You'd be amazed what the surgeons can do. My aunt had a brain haemorrhage (sorry for the atrocious spelling) years back and she made a full and complete recovery.

Go to Top of Page

the boner
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  09:03:10  Show Profile  Click to see the boner's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wil be thinking of you tomoro fingers crossed ,but it is amazing what can be done now ,i have knackered kidneys (not the same i know)and my first op left me with a 18inch scar but my last op was done thru keyhole ,that shows how far things have progressed ,good luck again for tomoro .keep us informed please
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  09:50:16  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
good luck ben,if theres any thing i can do just let me know,dont get worrying until you get the results

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  09:53:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All the best, hope it turns out to just be the meds.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

matty198111
Yearling

United Kingdom
174 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  11:18:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the best of luck to ya mate.

i will be thinking of youtomorrow and i hope all goes well

once again good luck

mat
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  11:28:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck, I have my fingers crossed for you.
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  12:42:12  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone. I hope there is a simple explanation too. I have been on the tramadol for over a year now. The doc's don't like it too much as it can have some side effecrs but i need the pain relief for stomach to be able to get around etc. Yes the keyhole technology is great and two of my stomach ops were done that way, my gran unfortunately passed away three years ago with a brain anerism (sp?) but the doctors did an amazing job with their swiftess and diagnosis but it was just not discovered until it haemoraged. Im trying not to worry until there's something to worry about for sure but, as you probably all experienced at one point or another, the waiting is prob the worst bit. Thanks again for your support guys and I will of course let you all know the result tomo. The appt, is at 10.35 so by 11-11.30 I should know!

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

yardy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  13:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best wishes for tomorrow hun.
Go to Top of Page

AddicksGlenn
Yearling

United Kingdom
388 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  14:55:04  Show Profile  Click to see AddicksGlenn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Best of luck, will keep everything crossed for you.

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  15:35:10  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Keep us informed! I'll be thinking about you

Hopefully it'll be nothing so serious

Go to Top of Page

kashie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
567 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  15:40:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear you are feeling so ill and have this additional worry. Hopefully it's just the medication - my hubby takes Tramadol and he suffers with his stomach as a result and oddly enough has started to develop severe head aches from it.
Fingers crossed for you though and good luck with the scan.

01.01.00 Whippets - Dylan and Tigger
01.01.00 AfricanGreys - Jasper and Ruby
00.00.15 KoiCarp
01.01.00 RoyalPython -Ebanks Blake and Gladysss
01.00.00 MojaveRoyal - Kelso
01.00.00 AlbinoRoyal - Ziggy
00.01.00 PastelRoyal - Phyllisss
00.01.00 SpiderRoyal - Wincey
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  17:38:21  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I just went back through diary and I though I've been on the Tramadol for 1 year in October, so 13 months, but in fact its 2 years in October so 25 months! Quite a long time.

Its becoming very real now as I had a phone call just now asking me to confirm I can make it. Here goes! Gonna have bad night sleep tonight, not that I normally have good ones!

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  19:09:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck and I hope everything turns out ok for you mate...

Go to Top of Page

Nazzle
Yearling

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  20:08:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck, I hope everything goes OK. I was diagnosed with breast cancer at 25, and I have nothing but praise for the NHS and Macmillan nurses. Although I thought it was the worst thing that could ever happen, in a weird indirect way it helped me turn my life around. I'm now happily married with a job I love. I'm a great believer that good can come of even the worst situations. I hope everything goes well for you and they find a less sinister reason for your symptoms.

Go to Top of Page

fjfenton
Yearling

United Kingdom
221 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  20:32:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hope its OK for you
Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  21:38:42  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ben I am so sorry to hear about your state of health I do so hope that you get well again soon, had my share of stomach ops too !!

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
Yearling

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  11:34:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have my fingers crossed for you,

Sigs by lucifer
2.1 Cornsnakes: Montana (Carolina), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender).
2.0 Royal Pythons: Q & Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun King Snake: Simba
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  14:04:25  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok so had scan. Annoying cuz i thought i'd be told the results but the radiologist said he's got to look at evry slide. Apparently the ct scanner takes dozens of them and he's got to look at each one to be thorough and confirm with certainty one way or the other and ill find out in a week! Great more waiting! Well i suppose he is being thorough!?!

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  14:17:04  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
best of luck for u dude. hope all turns out well

1.0.0 western hognose 1.1.0 royals 2.1.0 corn snake
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000