Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 OMG!! How many of you would love this job?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  10:31:20  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If I had a PhD I would be in there like a shot!!!!

http://jobview.monster.co.uk/GetJob.aspx?JobID=84353881&aid=89563218&WT.mc_n=JSAHG10

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  10:38:13  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Blag it!

Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  12:47:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't really like the stuff. It's a problem in restaurants when every dessert on the menu has chocolate on it or in it.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  15:36:31  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What!?!?!

Chris are you an alien or something? How can anyone not LIKE chocolate???

It's an impossibility! (I know people who are allergic to chocolate, but that's different to not eating it through choice)

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  16:00:33  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wish I could blag it but they check. Could have been the next Heston. Food and science are my two favourite things

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  18:02:49  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why not check through some of the spammers on the hoggy site- one of them might be a link to someone in Thailiand who can get you a PHD certificate for 5 US Dollar

Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  10:40:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

What!?!?!

Chris are you an alien or something? How can anyone not LIKE chocolate???

It's an impossibility! (I know people who are allergic to chocolate, but that's different to not eating it through choice)

It does fly in the face of convention I know! I will eat Dairy Milk if it's kept in the fridge, but a couple of squares is enough. The last 100g bar of that I had lasted over six months.

0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  15:32:25  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That would last about 10 minutes in our house, even less if Lewy was home too

Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  15:36:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think this one would have been gone much quicker if Sarah hadn't been good and left it alone!

0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

xautomaticflowersx
Yearling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  20:55:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol... that really does sound like a made-up job title. "What do you do for a living?"... "Oh, I'm a Chocolate Scientist."
As made-up as it sounds, I kind of wish I were one!

0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Eublepharis macularius ('Gecko Lady')
1.0.0 Giant Day Gecko - Phelsuma m. grandis ('Pedro')
1.0.0 Giant Namibian Sand Gecko - Chondrodactylus a. angulifer ('Mr. Chondrodactylus' or 'Mr. C')
1.0.0 Desert Iguana - Dipsosaurus dorsalis ('Iggie' or 'Iggz')
1.0.0 Royal Python - Python regius ('Ripley')
0.0.2 Rankins Dragons - Pogona henrylawsoni ('Pancake' and 'Waffles')
1.0.0 75% Jungle Jaguar Carpet Python - Morelia spilota spp. ('Buggy')
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  17:00:10  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris100575

I think this one would have been gone much quicker if Sarah hadn't been good and left it alone!

There was one for a confectionary (sp?) scientist too if she'd prefer that. Sweeties rather than just chocolate .

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
Yearling

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  17:06:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ew chocolate
cant eat much of it as it kicks my stomach off into a 'i hate hannah' mode.. plus the smell makes me feel sick lol

someones dream job thats for sure!

Sigs by lucifer
2.1 Cornsnakes: Montana (Carolina), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender).
2.0 Royal Pythons: Q & Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun King Snake: Simba
Go to Top of Page

anatess
Sub Adult

USA
669 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2009 :  02:18:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The job has already been removed so I couldn't see what it was... if it has anything to do with chocolate taste testing, yep! that's my dream job for sure!

My dad was a chemist at a beer company - free beer all the time. Dream job that one too!

Snake owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
0.1.0 pastel royal
1.0.0 spider royal
0.1.0 albino royal
1.0.0 bumblebee royal
1.0.0 yellowbelly royal
0.0.1 wild-type royal
1.0.0 normal western hognose

Edited by - anatess on 13/11/2009 02:19:30
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2009 :  12:50:29  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anatess

The job has already been removed so I couldn't see what it was... if it has anything to do with chocolate taste testing, yep! that's my dream job for sure!

My dad was a chemist at a beer company - free beer all the time. Dream job that one too!

One of my university friends who studied Microbiology has just landed a job at a brewery. Happy days .

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2009 :  12:55:20  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anatess

The job has already been removed so I couldn't see what it was...

Here's the details Anatess:

Chocolate Scientist
Salary: 28,000.00 - 32,000.00 GBP per year
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Ref: MI/015093

Job location not provided
Chocolate Scientist Salary: £28k to £32k

Our client is a leader in food technology. They require a chocolate scientist to work on and manage projects within their Chocolate science team.

Key Responsibilities of the Role:

Deliver world-class scientific understanding in the chocolate science and ingredient functionality in order to facilitate subsequent delivery of chocolate innovations and improvements to the business.

Work closely with worldwide product/ process development colleagues to ensure that the science being developed in these projects meets the business needs and can be used to support innovation and improvement activities.

Actively liaise with stakeholders of current and future projects and ensure that their input is used, their expectations are managed and project progress is communicated effectively and professionally.

To plan, manage and/or carry out projects framed into the internal project management system. Ensure that agreed deliveries, time lines and costs are met.

Report the project results in written reports and presentations in a professional way using the internal research templates and guidelines.

Develop ideas that are likely to have an impact on the research and validate these ideas properly by performing research and investigating external/internal sources. To provide consultancy to other sections as required.

Deliver significant IP protection for all key projects and activities.

To keep up-to-date in own field of professional expertise by literature scanning, contact with outside agencies, scientific organisations, etc., in order to maintain a high standard of contribution.

Qualifications, Skills and Experience:

PhD in a relevant scientific area or a degree and significant relevant research experience in an area related to food science – either in academia or in a FMCG company

Possesses the interest and ability to become an expert in understanding ingredient functionality and its impact on texture and rheology

A proven track record of excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally.

Ability to liaise well with colleagues and stakeholders in a professional manner.

Capable of leading more complex research projects.

Delivery of success against stretching scientific targets (costs & time) and well organised.

To Apply:

If you would like to be considered for this role, please contact Mark Igbinedion at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment, quoting reference MI/015093, outlining your particular skills and experience and their relevance to this post.

Due to a high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted within seven days of submitting your CV please assume that your application will not be taken further. If you wish to receive feedback to obtain why your application was unsuccessful please use the contact details provided on the advert.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000