The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Any idea where i can buy Polyresin or Alabastrite

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gypsy Posted - 09/11/2009 : 15:41:46
Hi,

I want to make sure my python has a good bathing place, and i can't find a reptile bowl that's big enough.I was looking to see what reptile bowls are made from and it's Polyresin. So i've been looking for suppliers in the UK but i can't find any. Anyone know where i can get some, or something similar (something that is waterproof when dries.) And i might also use Polyresin to make 'logs'.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks xx
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Paulusworm Posted - 10/11/2009 : 07:23:30
I used to use polyester resin for yacht building. It's evil stuff in it's raw state . I would strongly recommend giving the salt dough a try first.
Gypsy Posted - 09/11/2009 : 22:50:38
Thanks guys =) i think i'll go have a look =D
Blackecho Posted - 09/11/2009 : 18:06:56
Yes, check out the 'How to make a hide' bit in the DIY section.
bengy_s Posted - 09/11/2009 : 16:46:30
sorry for not putting link for the salt dough and loads replies instead of one big one but on my mobile online not laptop.
bengy_s Posted - 09/11/2009 : 16:45:02
you can make salt dough hides. See the diy section here for recipe. They work well. Don't no if u can make a bowl though if it'll be water proof but if u put enough layers of laquer over it then spray paint then water proof clear coat it maybe, but haven't tried it.
bengy_s Posted - 09/11/2009 : 16:41:00
because of the hides and husbandary in my snakes viv a large bowl exoterra one i bought won't fit. I use a glass pyrex dish, looks like one for bread as its 8-10 inch long by 5 wide. But its ideal for him esp to dunk himself when he sheds. Function over fashion.
reptilekeeper1992 Posted - 09/11/2009 : 16:01:55
you dont need to really bath your royal unless it is struggling to shed, what I have done is brought a water bowl that is big enough for the snake to bath in as well as drink from.
being that she only fully merges herself in the bowl when she is shedding i dont need to buy a bath.
hope this helps

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000