Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gypsy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  15:41:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I want to make sure my python has a good bathing place, and i can't find a reptile bowl that's big enough.I was looking to see what reptile bowls are made from and it's Polyresin. So i've been looking for suppliers in the UK but i can't find any. Anyone know where i can get some, or something similar (something that is waterproof when dries.) And i might also use Polyresin to make 'logs'.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks xx

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  16:01:55  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
you dont need to really bath your royal unless it is struggling to shed, what I have done is brought a water bowl that is big enough for the snake to bath in as well as drink from.
being that she only fully merges herself in the bowl when she is shedding i dont need to buy a bath.
hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  16:41:00  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
because of the hides and husbandary in my snakes viv a large bowl exoterra one i bought won't fit. I use a glass pyrex dish, looks like one for bread as its 8-10 inch long by 5 wide. But its ideal for him esp to dunk himself when he sheds. Function over fashion.

R.I.P Chester

Edited by - bengy_s on 09/11/2009 16:41:44
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  16:45:02  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
you can make salt dough hides. See the diy section here for recipe. They work well. Don't no if u can make a bowl though if it'll be water proof but if u put enough layers of laquer over it then spray paint then water proof clear coat it maybe, but haven't tried it.

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  16:46:30  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
sorry for not putting link for the salt dough and loads replies instead of one big one but on my mobile online not laptop.

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  18:06:56  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, check out the 'How to make a hide' bit in the DIY section.

Go to Top of Page

Gypsy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  22:50:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys =) i think i'll go have a look =D
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  07:23:30  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I used to use polyester resin for yacht building. It's evil stuff in it's raw state . I would strongly recommend giving the salt dough a try first.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000