The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 het?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reikiangel Posted - 02/02/2010 : 21:37:54
hi, can someone plese explain what a het is please. keep seeing it in post and im curious. thanks
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ddm10 Posted - 07/02/2010 : 00:01:01
Nice one, look forward to seeing it.
reptiledanny Posted - 06/02/2010 : 19:16:32
done it on friday night. looks awsome first viv iv ever had and bout. it was awsome. will get some pics in the other reps section.
ddm10 Posted - 06/02/2010 : 16:07:58
Glad they sorted it for you mate, enjoy setting it up.
reptiledanny Posted - 06/02/2010 : 15:20:31
sorry, the company was homes4reptiles. they were really good. they sent out the new pieces the next day and viv is now made. might get some pics up in the other reptile photos section.
Blackecho Posted - 05/02/2010 : 18:30:55
I think they were talking about the company you got the viv from Danny
reptiledanny Posted - 05/02/2010 : 18:27:04
quote:
Originally posted by ddm10

quote:
contacted the company when i found the first dint and they sed they would send out a new panel but then i discovered a few more dints and chips and havnt had a reply back.

Who is it danny? Name and shame...

a guy called matthew rampley at my school, no one really likes him but they still hang around with him and some people find it funny that he bullies me. a complete -head
dazb Posted - 05/02/2010 : 17:00:14
Dont worry about it mate, was trying to lure you in to a debate last nite, but trying to do it on here just ends up in loooooooooooooong replys and I wont be on here for afew days so it will just drag out, we have chatted about it before and TBH our views are the same anyway...

*note to self... stop looking for debates when your bored...lol
Blackecho Posted - 04/02/2010 : 21:14:12
quote:
Originally posted by dazb

But they are not visual...?

What aren't visual?

Gingerpony Posted - 04/02/2010 : 21:07:02
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

quote:

Really simple way is... Het is when the gene is not visual but carried.

True for Recessive genes, not true for Co-Dominant or Dominant genes though.

its right if you're talking corn genetics babe but these damn royals just HAVE to be awkward as BE said............
dazb Posted - 04/02/2010 : 20:21:13
But they are not visual...?
Blackecho Posted - 04/02/2010 : 20:09:07
Yes
dazb Posted - 04/02/2010 : 19:56:26
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

quote:

So do you class fires as hets?
Blackecho Posted - 04/02/2010 : 19:44:07
quote:

dazb Posted - 04/02/2010 : 19:20:03

Sorry to here about all the problems you guys are having with various stuff in your lives at the moment, hope it all works out for you soon.

Try not to worry about the bullies, after all its only school, I know it will feel like its the most important thing in the world right now but in years to come it will make you stronger, and you will realise how unimportant it was.
Just dont feel like your alone and you have no one to talk to...
ddm10 Posted - 04/02/2010 : 12:04:33
quote:
contacted the company when i found the first dint and they sed they would send out a new panel but then i discovered a few more dints and chips and havnt had a reply back.

Who is it danny? Name and shame...
reptiledanny Posted - 04/02/2010 : 07:50:36
quote:
Originally posted by reikiangel

im sorry danny, ive just read the second part of you post. im sorry youve been bullied. ive been through the same thing when i was at school so i know what your going through. if you even need someone to talk to, im always here

did you send the viv back for a refund?

thanks, no iv not sent the viv back yet, contacted the company when i found the first dint and they sed they would send out a new panel but then i discovered a few more dints and chips and havnt had a reply back. waiting and im expecting them to replace the viv. hopefully ill get a reply today. sorry bout you getting bullied as well. its horrible. i have to make new friends becasue of it. my friends are friends with the bully so...
pfleming Posted - 03/02/2010 : 21:59:56
not bad for a noob then hey :)
haha, cheers for the clarification BE
Blackecho Posted - 03/02/2010 : 21:52:40
quote:
Originally posted by pfleming

a snake (or any thing really) is homozygous for a trait if both genes from both parents are the same. A snake is heterozygous if the genes are different.

Yes

So a snake thats het has genes from both its parents, eg. if you breed a spider x pastel and get a bumblebee - that is het, it has genes from both parents.

All snakes will have genes from both parents, they aren't all het something. Heterozygous just means different. So having one Pastel gene and one Normal gene on a particular locus would be heterozygous Pastel. So you're sort of right.

8/10
pfleming Posted - 03/02/2010 : 21:45:41
yeah i did put it badly now i read it back haha. try this:

Heterozygous: Possessing two different forms of a particular gene, one inherited from each parent
Homozygous: Possessing two identical forms of a particular gene, one inherited from each parent.
Gingerpony Posted - 03/02/2010 : 21:34:07
quote:
Originally posted by pfleming

a snake (or any thing really) is homozygous for a trait if both genes from both parents are the same. A snake is heterozygous if the genes are different.

i think that makes it even more confusing!!! (and i know what all the big words mean )

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000