The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 My first bite!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
filardimarg2 Posted - 21/03/2010 : 12:15:43
Well i supose it had to happen at some stage, I was feeding Tsezla last night, i usually take the hide away but didn't last night as he wasn't under that hide, so showed him the rat fluff & he struck at it but missed, he was sat in a corner, so made it harder for him as he had to go round a corner, if you can understand that! He struck again but got my finger not the fluff,all i can say is, i'm glad it wasn't my big boy, Tsezla is only about 4 months old. It didn't really hurt, but was a bit of a shock, it bled like mad & my finger is blue today, but no real harm done. He ate his dinner later.
Marg.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackecho Posted - 23/03/2010 : 13:16:05
As the OP says, its more shocking than painful.

It doesn't really get worse as they get bigger as they are still usually just warning shots where they hit you and then recoil to hide away.

The ones that hurt more are where they actually mistake you as food. A food-orientated bite is a lot more powerful than a 'get away' bite.
filardimarg2 Posted - 23/03/2010 : 12:12:20
I have bought some feeding tongs, they came today, so i hope that wont happen again, my finger is still blue but is fine.

Marg.
Robert Posted - 21/03/2010 : 20:38:27
You must get some tongs apart from avoiding a miss aimed strike it also avoids leaving your scent on the prey :)..... never been bitten by any snake and I have had quite a few :)
reikiangel Posted - 21/03/2010 : 18:00:13
ouch! i dread this happening at some stage in bellas life but i do also use tongs to avoid this. i wonder if it hurts alot more when they are bigger? anyone like to shed some light on this and share their bite stories?
boze Posted - 21/03/2010 : 15:12:50
Feeding tongs are a good idea. I use fishing forceps at the moment as they lock but will probably move up to something bigger as sal grows...

D

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000