The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 First rat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jody McGrath Posted - 13/07/2010 : 22:42:23
So proud of him, had his first rat today, no problems whatsoever. He is a little pig, I swear he'd eat every day if I let him!

And he is starting to eat his food properly now, after going a couple of times rear end first he is going head first every time now, bar the other day, where he actually decided to eat a mouse sideways. Took him 15 mins!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AlannaJohan Posted - 14/07/2010 : 12:22:23
Congrats. I'm fast realising theres nothing like a successful feed when it comes to royals - they do, after all, like to keep us on our toes with it
reptiledanny Posted - 14/07/2010 : 07:57:47
bullet fed last night out his hide, the last 2 times he was in his hide, and fed in his hide, but last night he was roaming his cage, so i fed him outside his hide, and he was happy, apart from when i tried to put the lid back down, may have done that a bit to fast for him, think i startled him
Blackecho Posted - 14/07/2010 : 07:00:25
Sounds like he's happy.
Jody McGrath Posted - 13/07/2010 : 23:14:17
I've done that from the start, he's just awkward and likes to wind me up. I did lots of research before I got him so picked that one up straight away. It was also the first time he fed without being in his hide. He's never gone for food if he's not in there.

I persevered tonight and was treated to two nice strikes. Very happy.
Blackecho Posted - 13/07/2010 : 22:51:08
Congrats, if you want to help him choose where to eat from you can super heat the head with a hair drier to help him aim.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000