The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Poor old Bob

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Blackecho Posted - 09/09/2010 : 21:17:47
Anyone from here try to pick up a cheap American Snake today then?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
karl Posted - 25/09/2010 : 10:56:42
You missed the fact that Royals as little as 30g were sold, an 11G!!! retic was sold. Nevermind the huge list of people with snakes with RIs.

I'm not one for the "buy british" *****, but his practices are a bit too far.
nok1888 Posted - 23/09/2010 : 01:59:08
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Sounds like Bob sucks ...

+1
boze Posted - 11/09/2010 : 10:47:26
I just cant imagine not going to a breeders house, seeing the clutch, seeing the parents, seeing the feeding records and chatting to the breeder about snakes, life and the rest over a cup of tea before choosing the right snake for me...

D
Kelfezond Posted - 11/09/2010 : 10:43:20
Sounds like Bob sucks ...
Blackecho Posted - 11/09/2010 : 08:09:36
Update. The snakes were dropped off at the reptile reserve at Cold Blooded in Essex where people will be able to collect them from. Will Bob be there to explain, apologise and compensate his customers? - Nah, he's off to Germany.
hodgie Posted - 10/09/2010 : 22:11:10
A totally useless salesman in my opinion, makes little to no effort in replying to questions on what he has available. I watch the uk market all the time and the lower end morphs seem to be a £100 cheaper than last year and thats from uk dealers.
Time to go shopping soon i think.
n/a Posted - 10/09/2010 : 14:53:35
Ummm well I know I'm a complete novice, but that is no way to deal in snakes in my humble opinion ...
Blackecho Posted - 10/09/2010 : 14:11:42
It was either last year or the year before that he was handing his snakes over in an Asda car park before being asked to leave and people had to follow him round until he could find somewhere where he could do his deal. Whenever I think of that I hear Benny Hill music

Having said all that, others have had good experiences and as I said, he does tend to be cheaper than the UK market.
mischang Posted - 10/09/2010 : 08:54:59
hmmmmmmmmmmm always good to hear info like that , better safe than sorry
Blackecho Posted - 10/09/2010 : 06:58:55
The annual circus of Bob Clark bringing a shipment of snakes over from the US, they're usually very cheap and something usually goes wrong.

He usually goes to Essex and people from over the country drive to collect their snakes. So yesterday lots of people make the journey only to find out that when they got their, he wasn't. Turns out he got held in customs for under declaring the value of his shipment and hence tax payable. So anyone who ordered from him will have to go back today once the word is given that he's through customs.

Not so bad if you live in Essex, bit of a pain if you're in Birmingham, or Manchester or Scotland!

They are cheap if you want to risk it, for a snake that most likely will be a live feeder and stressed to hell having been flown over the world and stopped in customs etc. And what happens if there's a problem once he's back in the states, going to pop over to have a word?

Solution - buy British
mischang Posted - 09/09/2010 : 21:50:35
yes plz do ????????
n/a Posted - 09/09/2010 : 21:44:52
????

Can you elaborate?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000