The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Electric off for 8hrs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lettsy1 Posted - 28/10/2010 : 17:53:22
hi guys just need some advice please, the electric on our estate is being switched off for 8hrs in the day next week, will my little reptilian babies be ok for that amount of time? or any suggestions welcomed!!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
fiestastlou Posted - 29/10/2010 : 13:49:21
i was in a similar situation a few weeks ago, elecy was off from 8.30am til 4.30pm, luckily my room gets very very warm so blasted the heatin up during the night and kept all the doors shut to keep the warmth in, and luckily it was a thursday so they had time to digest their sunday lunches, but they where fine :)
Blackecho Posted - 28/10/2010 : 18:41:29
Hot water bottles, but yes, they should be fine if they haven't fed.
Lettsy1 Posted - 28/10/2010 : 18:15:45
Good idea B.A.T.S but dont have a gas fire but do have a woodburner, prob is im at work all day, literally from 8am until nearly 6, dont really want to leave the fire going all that time as will cook my dog! so worried about this, there isnt even anyone i can ask to have them either. (well apart from my neighbour n he is in the same situation) Will delay the feeding of the little ones, sheba hasnt fed for the last month so not worried about the food side of it for her or my hoggie. but its just the drop in temps that im concerned about.
n/a Posted - 28/10/2010 : 18:05:17
What we all dread! If snakes cool down they will brumate and close down entirely; becoming torpid and comatose, which is a natural response to cool conditions. As far as I'm aware, this isn't too bad in the short-term ie a few hours (although none of us would want them to undergo it.) But if they've fed it could seriously interfere with digestion and even cause a regurge,so I'd delay feeding day until after the power cut.

If you have gas - a gas fire, a gas stove, you could make sure you've got a few hot water bottles, filled and well wrapped up and monitored as for temps? And keep snakes in a room with gas fire on full, even if they have to spend the time in smaller rubs or similar? All this is just off the top of my head - other people may have better ideas! Good luck!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000