The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 aaaaaargh

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 20/11/2010 : 20:27:58
so frustrated
need to rant sorry
bow is driving me crazy, it is frustrating that again she refused her meal, wasn't even interested at all, i did it differently this time and decided to take her out her cage to feed in case that was it, well that made it worse, she didn't even seem interested in the rat while i was heating it up and usually she can smell it so she starts to get interested, and then when i offered it she just ran away to the other side of the tub and tried to get out, i only offered once because parents had put me in a mood and i thought if i try again im guna get really fustrated and do something that will get me 5 steps back (like bang it on her nose, not hard but to make her think that its a threat) so i just quickly put her back and i am sat her typing this while calming down and watching bullet it. the thing that cheesed me off the most was that dad then had the cheeck to start giving me ideas and explaining how he thinks im feed her wrong and i should try soaking in beef juices or heat it again and things like that, im the one who keeps the snakes and nows about them, not him
sorry for that, feel a bit better now, i might try bow again next week and then if she refuses again i might think about a force feed
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 23/11/2010 : 17:07:46
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

It's alright Danny, just try to ignore users who try to rile you next time... it would be awful to have to feed you to the Mighty Alberto

i will in future lol
Kazerella Posted - 23/11/2010 : 16:38:53
It's alright Danny, just try to ignore users who try to rile you next time... it would be awful to have to feed you to the Mighty Alberto
reptiledanny Posted - 23/11/2010 : 15:37:48
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

I've tidied up this thread a little guys, so please try and keep it on topic.

Thanks

thanks kazerella, and sorry again for my little outburst lol
Kazerella Posted - 23/11/2010 : 14:44:46
I've tidied up this thread a little guys, so please try and keep it on topic.

Thanks
reptiledanny Posted - 23/11/2010 : 07:51:20
quote:
Originally posted by Royalbob

quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

i got her from a breeder but she should be comfertbale because the breeder housed her in a 5 ltr rub with paper substrate, a water bowl and 1 hide
i am housing her in an 11 ltr, the smallest i could get, with 2 hides, 1 piece of wood, a water bowl and plenty of plants to cover the top

just meant that going from a 5l to an 11ltr plus the move from shop is a lot for some royals and mimicking set up of shop as suggested by aother member can do the trick. Would just leave her now and try again though.

thanksbob, ill just not touch her for the next few weeks and try feeding every saturday, fingers crossed she will start to eat
Royalbob Posted - 22/11/2010 : 21:12:36
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

i got her from a breeder but she should be comfertbale because the breeder housed her in a 5 ltr rub with paper substrate, a water bowl and 1 hide
i am housing her in an 11 ltr, the smallest i could get, with 2 hides, 1 piece of wood, a water bowl and plenty of plants to cover the top

just meant that going from a 5l to an 11ltr plus the move from shop is a lot for some royals and mimicking set up of shop as suggested by aother member can do the trick. Would just leave her now and try again though.
Blackecho Posted - 22/11/2010 : 19:12:36
Right, Roly/4000, as you are both the same person and are already warned, consider yourself on holiday from the forum for a month, please learn to control yourself a little bit more if/when you come back.
Blackecho Posted - 22/11/2010 : 19:07:54
ok, I didn't see any bad language, Danny, thank you for editting it, had I got there first there would have been a warning if some sorts.
Snecklifter Posted - 22/11/2010 : 18:48:12
Edited by Admin
deadmansfinger Posted - 22/11/2010 : 18:23:12

I really hope you get your snake eating soon.

All the best,
Brian.
reptiledanny Posted - 22/11/2010 : 17:03:33
quote:
Originally posted by Royalbob

As B.E saids danny, also remember it's always more frustrating for the keeper. Were still mentally set on ourselves eating 3 meals a day so when our snake misses a meal after a week we think they are gonna starve. No expert but my opinion would be to grab a smaller r.u.b i think even argos does little ones or staples, £1 shops. put a couple of hides in with a water bowl so she's really snug and never really in to much of an open space. leave her alone for 4-5 days then offer nice warm especially the head rat pup. i wouldn't move her to feed her at this stage. I've tried feeding before and they've not been interested then heated up the same rat 30mins later and they've dived on it. One thing I've learned is keeping royals teaches you patients.
Good luck mate.

the rub she is in is really snug, literally i can not see her if she comes out and there is now way on earth i could fit a pea in it lol
shes already in a nice quite spot out the way as i thought about that first thing lol
ill try her on sat as that will have been a week, and they definatly do teach you to be patient lol, which is something i need to learn

Snecklifter Posted - 22/11/2010 : 15:35:07
Have you considered that all this fussing, handling and general uncertainess might actually be the problem? Just a thought.
Royalbob Posted - 21/11/2010 : 22:37:53
As B.E saids danny, also remember it's always more frustrating for the keeper. Were still mentally set on ourselves eating 3 meals a day so when our snake misses a meal after a week we think they are gonna starve. No expert but my opinion would be to grab a smaller r.u.b i think even argos does little ones or staples, £1 shops. put a couple of hides in with a water bowl so she's really snug and never really in to much of an open space. leave her alone for 4-5 days then offer nice warm especially the head rat pup. i wouldn't move her to feed her at this stage. I've tried feeding before and they've not been interested then heated up the same rat 30mins later and they've dived on it. One thing I've learned is keeping royals teaches you patients.
Good luck mate.
Blackecho Posted - 21/11/2010 : 13:30:23
ok, so she has barely lost any weight at all, she's fine. Probably a bit more stressed now for having been given a bath, so expect her not to eat for a bit.

Just be patient, offer her food every 5-7 days and if she doesn't eat, weigh her and leave her alone for at least another 5 days.
reptiledanny Posted - 21/11/2010 : 11:50:35
Brett1980 Posted - 21/11/2010 : 11:28:33
forgive me if this has been tryed or if im totally wrong, im new to snakes so could be way off. Something that was recomended to me to try if my meds refused to eat.

If bow was eating at the breeders/shop where you got her from try to mimmick the environment/setup she was in, size, heat, substrate. I was told the sudden change can sometimes put them of food and although they will normally come around in the end and feed apparantly there are always one or two that are more problematic.
Welly Posted - 21/11/2010 : 10:14:34
I would leave her a whole week without handling or even offering food.
She might calm down then and be more comfortable. Then stick food in the Viv at night and see if she takes it on her own
reptiledanny Posted - 21/11/2010 : 08:48:14
just weighed bow as she was out and about

10-11-2010 she weighed 83 grams
21-11-2010 (today) she weighed 78 grams
that means shes lost 5 grams
what do u think????

i also bathed her because bullet pees in his cage leaving white poo things which i now are urates but bow has never done any of these so thought maybe she wasn't drinking so gave her a quick bath although she still didn't drink anything
reptiledanny Posted - 21/11/2010 : 07:40:18
thanks, im guna way here today to see if she has dropped any weight, and then still offer next week
im gune take 1 week at a time and see where we get
Blackecho Posted - 20/11/2010 : 23:41:28
Danny, is she losing weight?

If not, then forget the assist feeding for a while and just leave her alone, offering in her viv a nice warm rat pup once every 5 to 7 days.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000