The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 doubling up on a thermostat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 19/12/2010 : 18:11:18
i now you can double up a 2 heat mats on 1 stat as long as they do not exceed the rate and are excatly the same mats.
can u do the same with bulbs?? as in have 2 100 watt ceramic bulbs on 1 dimming thermostat? would this work?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 19/12/2010 : 21:54:05
quote:
Originally posted by Welly

Are they in the same Viv?
If the probe was within the area of both bulbs then it would only get as hot as the probe would let it.

If not then i'd say no, all 3 of my bulbs are different. All 3 are the same 100W Exo terra Pro blacks now and they give off differing levels of heat

i dont get what u mean??
if u mean will they be in the exact same size viv, as in an lx36 viv with a 100 watt ceramic bulb, then yes, they will be
Welly Posted - 19/12/2010 : 20:18:32
Are they in the same Viv?
If the probe was within the area of both bulbs then it would only get as hot as the probe would let it.

If not then i'd say no, all 3 of my bulbs are different. All 3 are the same 100W Exo terra Pro blacks now and they give off differing levels of heat
reptiledanny Posted - 19/12/2010 : 18:58:48
oh ye get what u mean lol. it was just a i new a few people that did this with mats, and just thought maybe it would work for bulbs. i wouldn't be doing it for a while anyway, may try it and see what happens when i have to set up another viv for bow
lee2308 Posted - 19/12/2010 : 18:27:04
i tried this with mats and it did not work,if 1 cools faster than the other it has a head start on heating up so will get hotter,if you get what i mean.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000