The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Interbreeding ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andrew.1994 Posted - 01/03/2011 : 17:36:04
Hi im looking to start breed royals soon :D
im lookiing to go down the routes of black eyed leucistics so i would be looking at fires but i wouldn't be able to afford a pair of fire royals but as males are generally cheaper i would breed a male fire to a normal female. would it do the snakes any harm to breed a female fire hatchling back to her father. i've heard a lot of different views. i no thats how they started to produce albinos and i've also heard that it wont effect the next 3-5 generations :S
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackecho Posted - 03/03/2011 : 20:30:39
£1200 and how much could you spare. If you would rather talk about it prvately then feel free to e-mail me: blackecho@rocketmail.com
andrew.1994 Posted - 03/03/2011 : 17:30:57
How much would you want for the fires and how much each month?
scubadude Posted - 03/03/2011 : 15:42:42
A large number of the normal type royals that can be bought as CB are the by-product of morph breeding projects
Blackecho Posted - 03/03/2011 : 14:14:28
Reptiles are not mammals.

PS. I could sell you a pair of Fires ready to breed next year, pay a bit each month and you'll have them in time to make some BlkELs next spring.
reptiledanny Posted - 03/03/2011 : 13:37:43
How do u think we got all these morphs we have today, they were found in the wildn then bred to a male or female, then one of the babies that was like the original morph was bred back to the original morph, so either the mother or father snake, so near enough every morph snake was once inbred.
Kelfezond Posted - 02/03/2011 : 22:30:23
Reptiles are different from dogs and cats and it's very probable your snake was interbred not natural
Strawb Posted - 02/03/2011 : 22:13:31
I'm new to royals, but I find the inbreeding of any animal deplorable. Just look at some dogs.
I prefer my snakes natural and inbreeding animals for what in my eyes amounts to little more than an accessory, should not be condoned.
Anything that can have detrimental or potentially detrimental effects on the creature in question for the sake of man's vanity and often ego, I think is unacceptable.
This may upset a lot of people, but that is what I think.
reptiledanny Posted - 01/03/2011 : 20:09:42
ye it would be fine, i know alot of the time like kelf sed it is more than 6 times it can become complicated. even brother to sister is fine. it only becomes a problem with certain morphs that have been inbreeded so much that breeding related morphs can lead to deformities like cinny x cinny can create snakes with kinks and duck billing.
Kelfezond Posted - 01/03/2011 : 18:22:33
I've heard 6 generations was the max you could do before its a bad idea but would be good to get an experienced reply.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000