Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andrew.1994
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  17:36:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi im looking to start breed royals soon :D
im lookiing to go down the routes of black eyed leucistics so i would be looking at fires but i wouldn't be able to afford a pair of fire royals but as males are generally cheaper i would breed a male fire to a normal female. would it do the snakes any harm to breed a female fire hatchling back to her father. i've heard a lot of different views. i no thats how they started to produce albinos and i've also heard that it wont effect the next 3-5 generations :S

1.0.0 Anery Motley Corn
0.1.0 Carolina Corn
0.1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa
1.1.0 Budgies
1.0.0 Royal Python

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  18:22:33  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've heard 6 generations was the max you could do before its a bad idea but would be good to get an experienced reply.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  20:09:42  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ye it would be fine, i know alot of the time like kelf sed it is more than 6 times it can become complicated. even brother to sister is fine. it only becomes a problem with certain morphs that have been inbreeded so much that breeding related morphs can lead to deformities like cinny x cinny can create snakes with kinks and duck billing.

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Strawb
Yearling

Germany
120 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  22:13:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm new to royals, but I find the inbreeding of any animal deplorable. Just look at some dogs.
I prefer my snakes natural and inbreeding animals for what in my eyes amounts to little more than an accessory, should not be condoned.
Anything that can have detrimental or potentially detrimental effects on the creature in question for the sake of man's vanity and often ego, I think is unacceptable.
This may upset a lot of people, but that is what I think.
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  22:30:23  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Reptiles are different from dogs and cats and it's very probable your snake was interbred not natural

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  13:37:43  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How do u think we got all these morphs we have today, they were found in the wildn then bred to a male or female, then one of the babies that was like the original morph was bred back to the original morph, so either the mother or father snake, so near enough every morph snake was once inbred.

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  14:14:28  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Reptiles are not mammals.

PS. I could sell you a pair of Fires ready to breed next year, pay a bit each month and you'll have them in time to make some BlkELs next spring.

Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Yearling

United Kingdom
326 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  15:42:42  Show Profile  Click to see scubadude's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A large number of the normal type royals that can be bought as CB are the by-product of morph breeding projects

1.0 Classic corn snake
2.3 Normal Royal
1.1 spider royal
1.0 Mojave Royal
1.0 Butter Royal
0.1 Pastel ph ghost Royal
1.0 Enchi Royal python
1.0 Pastel royal poss ???
1.1 Yellowbelly Royal
1.1 Cinnamon Royal
1.1 Fire Royal
1.1 100% het Clowns
1.1 Crawl cay boas
1.0 Hypo hog island boa
0.1 Hog island Boa
coming soon
0.1 Bumblebee

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.

Edited by - scubadude on 03/03/2011 15:53:42
Go to Top of Page

andrew.1994
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  17:30:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How much would you want for the fires and how much each month?

1.0.0 Anery Motley Corn
0.1.0 Carolina Corn
0.1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa
1.1.0 Budgies
1.0.0 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  20:30:39  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
£1200 and how much could you spare. If you would rather talk about it prvately then feel free to e-mail me: blackecho@rocketmail.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000