AOL DIRECT DEBITS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lettsy1
Yearling

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  07:18:50  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, sorry not been on for a while, loads going on here! Just taken in 2 more royals so total 5 royals, 1 western hog and a corn all in less than a year!

Anyway, what i wanted to warn you all is that there has been a 'computer error' with AOL, checked my bank yesterday and found out they have taken £100 more from my account than they should have. I rang them and the first thing they said was i had used £100 of calls in one month! dont think so! argued a bit more then she admitted that there was a prob with the computer and the banks have been informed, shame they didnt inform their customers. if you use AOL please check they have taken the correct amount, Thought it might be of interest.

Michelle

1.1.0 Royal (Dash,Sheba & Ditto)
1.1.0 Western Hognose (Frank & Grace)
0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  11:06:32  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
And stop using AOL!

Go to Top of Page

Lettsy1
Yearling

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  12:54:56  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol yeah, if i wasn't tied in i would! only 6mths to go tho.

1.1.0 Royal (Dash,Sheba & Ditto)
1.1.0 Western Hognose (Frank & Grace)
0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  13:33:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Umm... AOL seems to be everywhere.

My ISP is Talktalk.

I was puzzled to get an email from AOL about new legal ... uh? parameters? Whatever. Thought it was spam so didn't open it.

Your thread made me wonder if AOL was connected to Talktalk.

It is ... It owns it.

Big brother is watching us ...

(The goood news is that they haven't nicked £100 from my bank account ...yet!)

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  22:24:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had Aol, they started charging me all over the place including storing debit card details that I used for the firsat month because they mesed up the direct debit. Anyway long story short they took 3 payments a month out of my account one by direct debit, 2 by card. Soon stopped when I raised a fraud investigation on them for storing my card details without permission. Massive refund for everything they took and ended my contract after 3 months, was supposed to be 24 months and got a free PS3 as part of the deal.

Wouldn't touch AOL with a barge pole, converted to Post Office Broadband never had a problem and I get a staff discount too so result.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000