The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 faunarium

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
noola Posted - 03/03/2011 : 17:16:12
Hi all i am going to get a royal very soon and was wondering if an exo terra flat large faunarium is a good size for a 2010 hatchling and roughly how long he would last in this , thanx
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackecho Posted - 04/03/2011 : 07:45:18
Not much help, but I agree with both the above posts.
Lotabob Posted - 03/03/2011 : 23:15:02
You will find it impossible to get ambient temperature and humidity in a faun, they are vented all around the top and any heat will just escape taking any humidity with it. You'd be better off in a RUB, basically a plastic box you convert yourself into a snakey house or my personal favourite is the vivarium, bit more expensive than the other options but look great and I find them so easy to create the right environment in them.
n/a Posted - 03/03/2011 : 23:08:20
Hi, Noola. There seem to be a lot of differing opinions over the best size of enclosure for a young royal. I'm not familiar with that particular faunarium, but I tend towards the 'generous size/pack it out with loads of hides and cover' school, whereas other people (more experienced, I must say) will advise on a smaller enclosure as feeling more secure for a royal.

The only quibble I would have with a faunarium is that it's transparent, and royals do like dimness - a vivarium or even a rub (really useful box) is better. Even then I would drape a towel over the rub to make it darker. And always, plenty of hides, even if they're only kitchen roll inners - hatchlings love these.

If you wanted to stick to a faunarium, you could always surround it with one of those reptile/aquarium backings - could look really good and give the snake added privacy.

All the best with your new royal.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000