The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 heating for viv and heat lamp position

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
martinking6 Posted - 04/03/2011 : 00:48:24
Hiya

Was looking over ideas for heating for a 6x2x2 viv that I have acquired, its actually for a boa constrictor imperator so not for the royal I have and came across these on ebay, anybody used these or got any feedback on it as an idea for heating ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280591843557&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D280591843557%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Martin
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sandi Posted - 05/03/2011 : 08:50:35
I would go central so that the cold end wasnt affected by heat from the other side. The dividing board will warm up and temps either side would equalise.

I like the look of the heater, only worry would be that it isnt user serviceable.
Lotabob Posted - 05/03/2011 : 01:56:52
I would have either the hot or cold end in the middle so the hot doesn't affect the cold end of the other section and vice versa.
martinking6 Posted - 04/03/2011 : 23:27:05
Just ordered another 6x2x2 viv that is sectioned in the middle as going to stack 2 6ft vivs now then its done ready for the future so got another question

When positioning the heat lamp in the sectioned viv would you fit the heat lamps at the extreme ends, together central (with dividing board inbetween obviously) or both lamps to left or right side ?

Hope that makes sense lol

Martin
Blackecho Posted - 04/03/2011 : 07:44:08
I've never used them, but have heard good things.

I friend of mine has BCCs in 6' vivs and uses ceramic bulbs.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000