heating for viv and heat lamp position
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

martinking6
Yearling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  00:48:24  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya

Was looking over ideas for heating for a 6x2x2 viv that I have acquired, its actually for a boa constrictor imperator so not for the royal I have and came across these on ebay, anybody used these or got any feedback on it as an idea for heating ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280591843557&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D280591843557%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Martin

Got a lovely royal python called earl, a brazilian rainbow boa called zeus, a red tail cross boa constrictor called dorris and an albino burmese python called angel as well :-)

Edited by - martinking6 on 05/03/2011 01:46:42

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  07:44:08  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've never used them, but have heard good things.

I friend of mine has BCCs in 6' vivs and uses ceramic bulbs.

Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Yearling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  23:27:05  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just ordered another 6x2x2 viv that is sectioned in the middle as going to stack 2 6ft vivs now then its done ready for the future so got another question

When positioning the heat lamp in the sectioned viv would you fit the heat lamps at the extreme ends, together central (with dividing board inbetween obviously) or both lamps to left or right side ?

Hope that makes sense lol

Martin

Got a lovely royal python called earl, a brazilian rainbow boa called zeus, a red tail cross boa constrictor called dorris and an albino burmese python called angel as well :-)
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2011 :  01:56:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would have either the hot or cold end in the middle so the hot doesn't affect the cold end of the other section and vice versa.

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2011 :  08:50:35  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would go central so that the cold end wasnt affected by heat from the other side. The dividing board will warm up and temps either side would equalise.

I like the look of the heater, only worry would be that it isnt user serviceable.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000