The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Do royals catch up!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Strawb Posted - 17/03/2011 : 16:54:04
I actually posed this question on a separate thread, but nobody answered, so I thought I'd try again.
As some of you may know my royal Tia is 3 years old and seriously under size and weight for her age. She's now fattening up nicely which leads me to this question: Do snakes that are small due to inadequate feeding, eventually attain full size when properly cared for?
Tia's only 80cm long and weighs 576g, could she still grow to 140cm and 1500g despite the bad start in life?
I know BATS would also like an answer to this question.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 17/03/2011 : 17:12:27
I still think there are genetically small snakes, and I have a poor-feeding corn who is a morph said to stay on the small side (Miami) but yes, it would be interesting to know if snakes who are poor feeders/fed an inadequate diet will catch up.

(No offence meant, by the way, to people who have been given advice re feeding that is, by modern standards, inadequate. There is still a lot of feeding advice about that is antiquated, I understand - such as shop 'maintenance' diet etc. I didn't realise this myself until I started on the forums - luckily before I got my royals, and the corns were such gannets they demanded enough!)
Kelfezond Posted - 17/03/2011 : 17:00:59
I hope so as my female is a year old and each month breaks BE's lightest royal chart lol
Lotabob Posted - 17/03/2011 : 16:59:03
They are all different shapes and sizes so catching up is an unknown but growing to their full potential when cared for properly is a yes most definitely.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000