The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Norman the royal tree python

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dr Chop Posted - 02/04/2011 : 00:40:12
I was wondering how many other royal owners have royals that have uncharacteristic behaviour for a royal.

As this is what one of mine seams to be up to

I used to watch one of mine most night trying to learn to climb and failing all you would hear is thud thud all night as he would fall of the vines and decorations in the vivarium. This continued for about a year. He has now got rather good at climbing to the point you rarely find him on the floor and has now taken to hanging around like a tree python for hours on end or roaming around in the vines at roof level
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 02/04/2011 : 18:13:29
quote:
Originally posted by Margwar

Margwar ate out of his vivarium last night, as I wanted to properly watch him strike. When we put him back in, he decided to climb up onto his second level (A cheese board screwed to one side) and curl up there... He hasn't done that in at least 3 years.... He was just literally hanging with his head off the edge, I think he was waiting for a 3rd mouse :P

LOL - krafty way of getting afters - nice bit of mouzzarella??
wiltedrose Posted - 02/04/2011 : 18:11:55
Lol Titan doesnt just laze around, she is normal out and about, and not to mention sucky at hiding, she will just plop her head in her hide and thats good enough for her, with the rest of her body sticking out, so i poke her to make her go all in XD
Margwar Posted - 02/04/2011 : 18:01:18
Margwar ate out of his vivarium last night, as I wanted to properly watch him strike. When we put him back in, he decided to climb up onto his second level (A cheese board screwed to one side) and curl up there... He hasn't done that in at least 3 years.... He was just literally hanging with his head off the edge, I think he was waiting for a 3rd mouse :P
Laws Posted - 02/04/2011 : 13:50:58
i heard a thud or two last nite , but i think at one point he knocked the plant dont and it scared him as i thought he had fell off somethin , wen i looked he had the S shape facing the plant , i think the thud was him banging his snout on the viv wall lol . i can just imagine a python on the top rope , do a little wiggle and then jump !
Lotabob Posted - 02/04/2011 : 13:25:10
PMSL! Like a wrestler off the top rope.
n/a Posted - 02/04/2011 : 13:20:01
Yup - I've got one of those - that's why I always call him 'his royal HIGHNESS!'

Makes me laugh when people say they only live underground - well, they do, but they like to go walkies now and again. Actually in the wild, I believe it's quite usual for a royal to find a burrow beneath a tree, then wait in the tree for the burrow's occupant to return ... Though I can't quite see the royal slithering gracefully down the tree in pursuit of its prey ... those thuds we hear are probably snakey practising how to drop out of the tree on to the rodent and knock it unconscious!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000