Norman the royal tree python
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dr Chop
Snake Mite

46 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  00:40:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering how many other royal owners have royals that have uncharacteristic behaviour for a royal.

As this is what one of mine seams to be up to

I used to watch one of mine most night trying to learn to climb and failing all you would hear is thud thud all night as he would fall of the vines and decorations in the vivarium. This continued for about a year. He has now got rather good at climbing to the point you rarely find him on the floor and has now taken to hanging around like a tree python for hours on end or roaming around in the vines at roof level

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  13:20:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup - I've got one of those - that's why I always call him 'his royal HIGHNESS!'

Makes me laugh when people say they only live underground - well, they do, but they like to go walkies now and again. Actually in the wild, I believe it's quite usual for a royal to find a burrow beneath a tree, then wait in the tree for the burrow's occupant to return ... Though I can't quite see the royal slithering gracefully down the tree in pursuit of its prey ... those thuds we hear are probably snakey practising how to drop out of the tree on to the rodent and knock it unconscious!

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  13:25:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PMSL! Like a wrestler off the top rope.

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  13:50:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i heard a thud or two last nite , but i think at one point he knocked the plant dont and it scared him as i thought he had fell off somethin , wen i looked he had the S shape facing the plant , i think the thud was him banging his snout on the viv wall lol . i can just imagine a python on the top rope , do a little wiggle and then jump !

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Margwar
Yearling

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  18:01:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Margwar ate out of his vivarium last night, as I wanted to properly watch him strike. When we put him back in, he decided to climb up onto his second level (A cheese board screwed to one side) and curl up there... He hasn't done that in at least 3 years.... He was just literally hanging with his head off the edge, I think he was waiting for a 3rd mouse :P

Go to Top of Page

wiltedrose
Hatchling

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  18:11:55  Show Profile  Visit wiltedrose's Homepage  Click to see wiltedrose's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lol Titan doesnt just laze around, she is normal out and about, and not to mention sucky at hiding, she will just plop her head in her hide and thats good enough for her, with the rest of her body sticking out, so i poke her to make her go all in XD

0.1.0 royal python -Titan
1.0.1 anery motley corns - Trigger and Spike.

http://www.reptilegeeks.com/wiltedrose/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  18:13:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Margwar

Margwar ate out of his vivarium last night, as I wanted to properly watch him strike. When we put him back in, he decided to climb up onto his second level (A cheese board screwed to one side) and curl up there... He hasn't done that in at least 3 years.... He was just literally hanging with his head off the edge, I think he was waiting for a 3rd mouse :P

LOL - krafty way of getting afters - nice bit of mouzzarella??

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000