New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Roblin
Snake Mite

4 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  13:39:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there!

I am getting a ball python at the end of this year, and am doing all the groundwork now, to make sure I can give it the best possible care. This forum has been great, enjoyable and informative. I presently have three frogs and am making the move into reptiles to satisfy my childhood ambition.

One thing I'd like to know, can anyone recommend the best place for a ball python starter kit? I've found a couple online but would like to know which you guys rate.

Best wishes,

Rob

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  13:48:13  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It would depend on where you live really and if you want to go r.u.b or vivarium, heat mat or bulb.

I think if you're looking for the cheapest you're better off just buying a suitable rub online and a heat mat, pretty much all you need and will prolly cost no more than 50 or 60 quid. Make or buy a few hides and a water bowl then its just the animal itself.

However for comparison I got my first from southcoast exotics I got a 2ft vivarium with thermostat, two hides, water bowl and snake and paid just over a hundred quid for it all.

Edit: also, welcome to the forum :D

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/

Edited by - Kelfezond on 03/04/2011 13:48:49
Go to Top of Page

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  13:54:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

It would depend on where you live really and if you want to go r.u.b or vivarium, heat mat or bulb.

I think if you're looking for the cheapest you're better off just buying a suitable rub online and a heat mat, pretty much all you need and will prolly cost no more than 50 or 60 quid. Make or buy a few hides and a water bowl then its just the animal itself.

and a thermostat, probably the most important piece of kit.

and welcome

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Go to Top of Page

Roblin
Snake Mite

4 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  13:59:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys! I know where Southcoast is - I live in Gosport and often visit that shop. The only concern I have with heatmats is that they never seem to work best in a cooler room, so I'll probably go the bulb route, to be honest. Either that, or a reptile radiator hooked up to a pulse thermostat.
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  14:02:27  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ah somebody who lives close to me, i'm in waterlooville just down the road from southcoast.

I agree I dislike mats, southcoast should hook you up with a good deal, a shame really I gave them the viv they sold me as a starting kit back to them last wednesday for free, if you joined a few days earlier I would have been happy to give it to you instead.

Go to Top of Page

Roblin
Snake Mite

4 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  14:40:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
D'oh! Do you know if there are any reptile shows in the Portsmouth area this year?
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  14:45:31  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Havant leisure centre host a reptile show every year around octoberish.

Go to Top of Page

Roblin
Snake Mite

4 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  14:50:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh excellent, I work in Havant!
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  14:51:58  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Me too! Hehe.

I'll put the date up when I find out about it this year

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  15:25:48  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
23rd october. I'll add it to the shows part of the forum. See you there

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000