The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Hello!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Roblin Posted - 03/04/2011 : 13:39:38
Hi there!

I am getting a ball python at the end of this year, and am doing all the groundwork now, to make sure I can give it the best possible care. This forum has been great, enjoyable and informative. I presently have three frogs and am making the move into reptiles to satisfy my childhood ambition.

One thing I'd like to know, can anyone recommend the best place for a ball python starter kit? I've found a couple online but would like to know which you guys rate.

Best wishes,

Rob
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kelfezond Posted - 03/04/2011 : 15:25:48
23rd october. I'll add it to the shows part of the forum. See you there
Kelfezond Posted - 03/04/2011 : 14:51:58
Me too! Hehe.

I'll put the date up when I find out about it this year
Roblin Posted - 03/04/2011 : 14:50:01
Oh excellent, I work in Havant!
Kelfezond Posted - 03/04/2011 : 14:45:31
Havant leisure centre host a reptile show every year around octoberish.
Roblin Posted - 03/04/2011 : 14:40:11
D'oh! Do you know if there are any reptile shows in the Portsmouth area this year?
Kelfezond Posted - 03/04/2011 : 14:02:27
Ah somebody who lives close to me, i'm in waterlooville just down the road from southcoast.

I agree I dislike mats, southcoast should hook you up with a good deal, a shame really I gave them the viv they sold me as a starting kit back to them last wednesday for free, if you joined a few days earlier I would have been happy to give it to you instead.
Roblin Posted - 03/04/2011 : 13:59:14
Thanks guys! I know where Southcoast is - I live in Gosport and often visit that shop. The only concern I have with heatmats is that they never seem to work best in a cooler room, so I'll probably go the bulb route, to be honest. Either that, or a reptile radiator hooked up to a pulse thermostat.
GMac Posted - 03/04/2011 : 13:54:02
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

It would depend on where you live really and if you want to go r.u.b or vivarium, heat mat or bulb.

I think if you're looking for the cheapest you're better off just buying a suitable rub online and a heat mat, pretty much all you need and will prolly cost no more than 50 or 60 quid. Make or buy a few hides and a water bowl then its just the animal itself.

and a thermostat, probably the most important piece of kit.

and welcome
Kelfezond Posted - 03/04/2011 : 13:48:13
It would depend on where you live really and if you want to go r.u.b or vivarium, heat mat or bulb.

I think if you're looking for the cheapest you're better off just buying a suitable rub online and a heat mat, pretty much all you need and will prolly cost no more than 50 or 60 quid. Make or buy a few hides and a water bowl then its just the animal itself.

However for comparison I got my first from southcoast exotics I got a 2ft vivarium with thermostat, two hides, water bowl and snake and paid just over a hundred quid for it all.

Edit: also, welcome to the forum :D

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000