The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Might have a mouse addict lol

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptilemadd Posted - 06/04/2011 : 18:55:06
Had Cerberus now since valintines day and after the first week letting him settle in he's fed every five days, on what I thought were rat fuzzies, anyway C's growing and gaining weight so I decided to up his meal sizes to weaners, and then it happend lots of interest even gave it a love but no strike and certainly no eating, I had one fuzzy left so I gave it a couple of days thinking that maybe he wouldn't take the weaner cause he thought it was too big, I defrosted his fuzzy and warmed it as usual at first very little intrest then he looked at me as if to say oh well since it's here I might as well lol, and so with a bit more effort than usual he ate it, but now I'm worrying it wasn't the size of the weaner that was the problem but maybe what I thought were rat fuzzies were actually mice lol
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 07/04/2011 : 11:36:44
Yeah, you can literally tell them by their faces - mice are dainty and 'pretty' - well rats are pretty too, but much larger featured, eyes larger and longer.

Oh, and according to my supplier, mouse fuzzies weigh 5g approx, rat fuzzies 19g - I never thought of that - a mouse fuzz wouldn't even be big enough for a hatchling royal, never mind Cerberus.

I reckon he's already on rats.
BlueDragon Posted - 07/04/2011 : 08:58:47
Mice have pointy heads and noses and rats have more stumpy heads, and more bulk to them : ) They also have longer tails than mice, but that can be harder to see.
reptilemadd Posted - 06/04/2011 : 23:44:54
I know what you mean I went into my local rep shop after he didn't feed to get some more fuzzies, and they were about half the size of the one I had left, that was another reason I thought I might have a large mouse instead of a rat fuzzie. When I checked the tail of the fuzzie against the weaner it was a lot smoother as well, all I can do is try him again with the weaners and hope he takes them
hodgie Posted - 06/04/2011 : 22:53:10
From my experience rats vary in size so much depending on what they have had delivered thati just ask whats available and pick by size more than name.
Lotabob Posted - 06/04/2011 : 19:31:33
There is a very noticable difference, have you used them up or have you any left?
reptilemadd Posted - 06/04/2011 : 19:24:15
Thanks Bats Hodgie, the pet shop say they were rat fuzzies buuuuuuuuuutttttt you never know lol
hodgie Posted - 06/04/2011 : 19:11:06
just stick with rats for a few weeks, if hes hungry he`ll eat
n/a Posted - 06/04/2011 : 19:10:10
What does the supplier say? They should know what they're selling.

For photos, google A&N frozen - they publish pics of all sizes of rats and mice - might be possible to tell what you've been feeding.

Hope it was rats - it'll make life easier for you and Cerberus.

At the same time - may just have been that Cerberus was being a faddy little git/startled by being offered a bigger rat/going into shed/dieting this week ...royals eh?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000