The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Great reason to keep records

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lotabob Posted - 12/04/2011 : 19:42:22
I'm super anal when it comes to record keeping, and just wanted to share Duke's progress with me.

19/01/11 - First weighed 472 Grams
11/02/11 - First measured 33 1/2 Inches

04/04/11 - Weighed (empty) 612 Grams
12/04/11 - Measured 36 1/2 Inches (woohoo broke the 3 foot mark)

I love keeping records if I'm honest and been able to compare stuff like this is just great. Its not easy to see these changes when you see them every day (if your lucky with a royal) so to see it in black & white has made my day.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scubadude Posted - 14/04/2011 : 08:04:15
With you on this Bob, I keep a spreadsheet for each of mine, I'd be lost without it
sandi Posted - 13/04/2011 : 22:23:29
9??? I'm stuggling with 2!!!
Robert Posted - 13/04/2011 : 14:52:28
I need to keep records as I have 9 snakes now and wouldn't be able to hold all that info in my head - lol
Laws Posted - 13/04/2011 : 13:00:09
i have three little notebooks with their pics on the front , and write wen they ate , refused , whether they struck for it , when they poo and their weights . kodi was 24 grams the 31st of march , shes now 30 grams :D its interesting to see patterns showing , i also write if anythin seems diff in them etc x
Strawb Posted - 13/04/2011 : 07:11:50
I only started keeping records when I got Tia. Now all 3 have their own little chart.
hodgie Posted - 13/04/2011 : 06:27:58
I keep records for all mine, would be to easy to mess up otherwise.
karl Posted - 12/04/2011 : 20:25:48
I did, then I stopped, might start again. I find putting first refusal was worth noting, then I could see patterns. After amfewnyears it became pointless, both me and Stig know the routine now.....
reptiledanny Posted - 12/04/2011 : 20:08:14
haha lol, super anal, sorry, theres my age again
i like to keep records of them, like to sit down and see the growth and food update, but i sometimes forget and nd up writing a huge page full of info lol
Lotabob Posted - 12/04/2011 : 19:56:41
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Same here - at first I jotted stuff down on the calendar, but then just before Shahi arrived last summer I started a snake diary - feeding, shedding, royals' weights, fasting and even dumping records. Plus remarks on their behaviour, character etc. It's invaluable.

Yep each snake has their own little book and anything that I think may be required goes in.
n/a Posted - 12/04/2011 : 19:52:35
Same here - at first I jotted stuff down on the calendar, but then just before Shahi arrived last summer I started a snake diary - feeding, shedding, royals' weights, fasting and even dumping records. Plus remarks on their behaviour, character etc. It's invaluable.
Kelfezond Posted - 12/04/2011 : 19:49:21
I love keeping records because i'm addicted to stats :p my spreadsheeets have weights, estimated weight gain, actual weight gain, mythological weight gain... Everything!

Okay the last one was a lie :p

Nice progress on duke though, fun stuff we're geeks! Hehe
MrsA82 Posted - 12/04/2011 : 19:46:06
I agree record keeping is a good idea
We made up some record chart sheets and have one for all our snakes

I think its just part of the hobby you should do

Well done :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000