The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 butchers snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
acd1984 Posted - 26/07/2011 : 22:04:22
Sorry couldnt think of a title.

Anyway, my girlfriend is getting a royal next week, she already has a setup, and everything is ready to go.
The only problem is that she lives above a butchers shop, where sometimes i/we can smell the meat (luckily thay are very clean so can never smell rotten/old meat).

can anyone see any problems with this setup? obviously they dont sell rats and mice but they do stock chicken and rabbit.

if it is a problem i would happily take her snake with me, but she wouldnt be impressed lol
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Oh How Original Posted - 27/07/2011 : 10:14:39
quote:
Originally posted by bigdon23

Good points raised, much appreciated

Thanks guys.

*bows* glad to be of service
acd1984 Posted - 27/07/2011 : 00:30:51
Good points raised, much appreciated

Thanks guys.

Oh How Original Posted - 26/07/2011 : 23:56:16
That's what the settling in period is for buddy, to get used to the new sounds, vibrations, smells etc...
Pretty sure it will be fine
Congrats on the new Royal
Lotabob Posted - 26/07/2011 : 22:31:20
Its will be fine, I have meat in my house most days and I cook it too and sit within feet of the vivs and eat it. They get used to the smells in their environment. I've noticed my corn gets quite interested in the smell of pork chops but other than that if its not covered in furr and smells of rodent pee they aren't fussed.
n/a Posted - 26/07/2011 : 22:16:47
I've heard of snakes going crazy over the smell of meat cooking, especially chicken nuggets ...So, yes, it has been known for them to react to the smell of food other than rodent smell ...

Personally I'd still go ahead and get the snake - chances are it may not notice, or just get used to that smell and be more focused on aroma de ratty when it's time for the royal dinner.

All the best with the new royal.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000