The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Bad Smell

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MarkSue Posted - 12/12/2011 : 18:24:21
Got in from work today to be hit with the worse smell iv ever smelt ...On investigation it was coming from one of the viv`s .

Obivously i could only check 1 at a time so started at the top (murphy`s viv) all was fine, murphy was mooching about, having a bath actually

Next up was carlos, my MBK....As soon as i opened his viv it hit me, man the smell was rotten. That was when my heart sank,,,,he was`nt moving....
I slowly pulled all his hide`s and stuff out and gently picked him up.

Yaaaay he was sleeping

but he did`nt eat his dinner last night and had hid it on the heat mat under some aspen ..It was the smell of cooking rodent
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mamma Posted - 12/12/2011 : 21:34:42
aaaaah bless. Glad hes ok. I know what you mean by the taste of the smell in your mouth. Bleurrrrgh
MarkSue Posted - 12/12/2011 : 20:35:17
I can still taste the smell if you know what i mean,,he will now be fed outside the viv. I did think he`d passed away though.
Tawfik47 Posted - 12/12/2011 : 20:12:05
ow, lol that's why i like live feeding ...
Kelfezond Posted - 12/12/2011 : 19:39:53
Ugh this always happens to me, horrible stuff!
I still remember the first feeding session of my 34 baby boa's the next day I came into the room and got hit by the smell of about 20 uneaten rodents and a good 8 regurgetated rodents. Yuuuuck
n/a Posted - 12/12/2011 : 19:05:34
Urrgh!!!

Saada once did that to me - struck and took and then played with her food and finally left it...the smell is just ....!!!

My poor old tomcat (retired) got told off for stinking out the bathroom cat tray (well, he does!) before I twigged what had happened. I knew it wasn't a regurge because the back end of the rat was all mauled and covered in snake spit and the front end was dry ...I always lift the hide up if they've eaten in private now, and make sure the rat's in the snake and not still in the viv.

An unforgettable experience - you have my sympathies!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000